The HCG diet works even for minimal weight loss goals. It is divided into 4 phases. It is a step by step process in reaching your weight loss goal. The HCG has been used for how many years in treating obesity. The second phase of the HCG diet is known as the VLCD. You are only allowed to eat 500 calories daily along with HCG maintenance. This phase usually lasts for 3 to 6 weeks depending on your weight loss goal.
If you don’t have any idea with food control, you might end up slipping. There is also a greater chance that you will get bored eating the same menu every day. Take note that you will not be eating the same food choices as what you usually have every day. HCG diet will teach you to adapt to new food choices for a healthier body. The foods that you will be eating are low in calories and are HCG diet approved food choices.
Can you do the VLCD without the HCG?
No. VLCD alone is dangerous because you will just be eating 500 calories per day. This will cause weakness, running out of energy, and several other conditions. Doing the VLCD alone does not help you lose weight. It will only raise your stress levels and put your health at risk. However, the presence of HCG during the VLCD will help your body adjust to the intake of calories.
The HCG will work in your hypothalamus so that your body will start to metabolize fats. The burned fats will then be used to supply your body’s energy. The HCG as well will suppress your appetite making you feel full throughout the day. The foods that you will be eating are just enough calories that your body needs for the function of your organs.
Be careful with other HCG diet regimen online. Some of them allow you to eat any foods as you want as long as you follow the VLCD. It is a misleading guide that disobeys the original protocol of the HCG diet. You are not allowed to eat any foods unless it is found in the diet food list. This is not depriving you because you can still enjoy delicious treats even when you are dieting.
Phase 2 approved recipes/menu
Tomatoes and Chicken
Ingredients needed: 100 grams chicken breast, fresh tomatoes, 1 tsp salt, and approved HCG diet spices. You also need foil for this.
- Cube the 100 grams chicken breast
- Chop the tomatoes and remove the pulp and seeds
- Place the cubed chicken breast and chopped tomato in the foil
- Add the salt and other approved spices
- Bake it for 35 minutes and serve hot
Spinach and Beef Fillet
Ingredients needed: 100 grams of lean beef meat, fresh spinach leaves, 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp paprika, and black pepper.
- Wash the spinach leaves and allow drying
- Layer the spinach leaves and sprinkle spices on it
- The second layer is lean beef meat
- The third layer as a covering is the spinach and seasons it properly
- You do not need oil or water for this
- Place the prepared meal in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes
- Allow the natural juice of the spinach to cook the whole recipe
Lemon Grass, fish, and cabbage
Ingredients needed: Lemongrass, 200 grams of cabbage, and 100 grams of lean fish meat. You also have to add 1tsp of salt and pepper and 1 tsp ground cumin
- Chop the cabbage and lemongrass
- Place the cabbage and lemongrass in a pot
- Add some salt and mix for 5 minutes
- Wait until the cabbage will start to wilt and produce juice
- Chop the lean fish meat into cubes
- Season it with pepper, cumin, and salt
- Place the fish on top of the cabbage
- Let it sit in low heat for 10 minutes
- You can also cook this by using foil
Tangy Tomato Soup
Ingredients needed: 1 cup chicken base, 1 large tomato. ½ pack stevia, basil, and 1 clove garlic. You also need 1 tsp onion salt and pepper.
- Sauté the chicken base and garlic and set aside
- Put the tomato in the blender
- Cook the tomato in medium heat1 minute
- Lower the heat and add the chicken base and spices
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes and serve
Garlic Basil Shrimp Zucchini Boats
Ingredients needed: 7 oz shrimp, 2 medium-sized zucchini, 2 minced garlic clove, and ½ tsp salt. You also need fresh basil, 1 tsp coconut oil, white onion, and 1 diced tomato
- Soak zucchini for 20 minutes in a cold water
- Boil water and add the zucchini on it and let it boil again
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise after boiling
- Chop the shrimp into small pieces
- Add it in the large bowl with the garlic, basil, and salt
- Add the coconut oil and zucchini boats in a pan
- Stuff zucchini with shrimp mixture until heaping
- Bake it for 8 minutes and let it rest before you serve
Mentioned above is not the only food or recipe that you can enjoy during the HCG diet. You can also create your meal as long as you follow the protocol of the HCG diet. Be watchful with your food and make sure that it does not have sugar, oil, carbs, and preservatives. Avoid unhealthy food ingredients that may sabotage the work of the HCG in burning your body fats.
Meal preparation tips during the P2 of the HCG diet
You are only allowed to have solid foods on lunch and dinner. Your breakfast meal must only water, tea, and coffee. Make sure that it is unsweetened. Your meal on lunch and dinner must have an equal portion. This means that the number of calories you have during lunch must be the same amount with your dinner.
Weigh every food that you will cook. All the visible fats in meat must be trimmed before cooking. Serve the leanest portion of meat and weight it before cooking. Have at least 1 type of vegetable, 1 fruit, and 100 grams of meat in each meal.