Weight gain will be your worst nightmare if you are losing weight. You have to be ready with this kind of possibility because it causes stress. Gaining weight naturally comes even during the HCG diet. This is because of some common reason such as water retention. There are also cases that you gain weight because you fail to track your foods. You might load on foods that are not allowed during the HCG diet.
The common foods that cause weight gain are processed foods. These are the foods that are low in nutritional profile. Processed foods are not allowed because of their high levels of calories. It affects your health and may delay your weight loss and may also cause weight gain. You do not have to panic during this case because it might take you out of track. If you experience weight gain amid of HCG diet, you have to know the cause right away. You can refer to your diet journal where all the record of your daily weigh-in and food intake is written.
What are the causes why you gain weight amid the HCG diet?
- You are not tracking your food intake
Track your food intake and be aware of the amount of food you have been eating. It is also important to be aware of the kind of food you are going to eat. This is because you cannot just pick or purchase foods right away. You have to check food labels and know the ingredients. Track your food intake by being watchful of sugar, starch, and other unhealthy ingredients. Tracking your food intake will give you a bigger chance to reach your weight loss goal.
- You lack protein
This is one of the most important foods for your weight loss. Protein helps in curbing hunger and cravings. It keeps your stomach full and maintains fullness until the next meal. It drastically lowers your desire for grabbing unhealthy snacks. Protein as well is good in maintaining bone and muscle health during fat burning. This is also helpful in controlling your metabolism as well as digestion.
- You eat too many calories
The main goal during the HCG diet is to cut down your intake of calories. The main effect of eating too many calories is not just weight gain. It can also trigger weight-related diseases. High-calorie foods do not help in maintaining a healthy body. You are only allowed to have at least 500 calories per day during the HCG diet. This is to help you transition to a healthy lifestyle.
- You are not eating whole foods
Whole foods do not just help you lose weight. It is also helpful in improving your overall being. It has high levels of nutrients and other health benefits. Whole foods are food products that are free from preservatives. It is also free from growth hormones, pesticide and food flavorings. Stick to single-ingredient foods during the HG diet. Eating too many foods that are not whole can ruin your HCG diet.
- You eat in response to stress
This is a very dangerous thing because it will lead you to binge eating. Do not eat when you are stress because it will just cause you to eat too many unhealthy foods. Wait until your stress level will be normal so that you can focus on eating. Lowering your stress levels keeps you from emotional eating. This is an eating style in response to high-stress levels. Deal with stress by having enough time to sleep, relax or meditate. It improves and renews your brain focus.
- You are doing extreme exercises
Extreme or hard exercises are not allowed during the HCG diet. You are not allowed to exercise too much especially on a very low-calorie diet. The very low-calorie diet does not allow you to spend too much of your energy. It also increases your stress level which causes you to eat too much. Stress level also causes natural weight gain. This is because it triggers natural hormones in your body. Heavy exercise volume destroys your HCG diet. You re only allowed to do light exercises such as yoga. This will help you burn a significant amount of calories.
How to stop weight gain during the HCG diet?
- Eat mindfully- This means that if you eat, just focus on eating alone. Do not eat when you are busy doing other works. Eat with no distractions to be able to detect fullness. Eat slowly and chew your food thoroughly. Stop when you are already full. You are not allowed to eat and eat until you get sick.
- Quit eating junk foods- Junk foods have high salt and other unhealthy ingredients. Salt can cause water retention. This is because water follows salt and be stock in your body. This eventually adds water weight. To stop this you have to stay hydrated and stop eating junk foods. Eating junk food can also add weight. Do not drink fruit juices, soft drinks, alcohol and diet soda. This is because it has a high level of sugar that adds weight.
- Do not skip meals- This is an unhealthy belief that if you skip meals, you will lose weight. This is a common misconception by many. Do not skip meals but maintain your food control. Skipping meals can cause nutritional deficiencies. Skipping meals triggers diseases because your body lacks nutrients.
- Load more on fiber- This is commonly found in plant sources. Fiber maintains fullness and keeps you full longer. This is found in fruits and vegetables. There are various sources of fiber written on the HCG diet food list. Fiber-rich foods help in fighting against free radicals.
- Steak and apple day- These are usually done if your weight goes high compared to your last weigh-in. You are allowed to do steak or apple day if you gain weight on P3. You are only allowed to eat a large piece of steak at dinner without eating something all day. You are only allowed to drink water, tea or coffee without sugar during the daytime. Apple day, on the other hand, is a way of loading 6 to 7 apples all day for 2 to 3 days. It helps in balancing your calories. Thus allows you to bounce back on your diet track.