Hunger is not a big issue on the HCG diet. Most of the dieters often survive the VLCD without feeling hungry. Hunger is normal on the first week of the diet. This is because your body is getting used to the VLCD. Here are some tips to help those who are hungry even after several weeks. This will make you feel full during the Phase 2 duration.
- Do not skip any meal- Eat everything that is in the protocol. Eat what is required and not what you want. Eating the allowed foods will keep you off from feeling hungry. Skipping nay meal will just make the diet harder. Follow the HCG meal plan and measurements. Having the exact amount of meal can help in keeping away from hunger pains.
- Spread out the meals- If you feel hungry at any time of the day, you can split meals. This is a way of snacking without cheating. Split the meals by saving an amount from your lunch. You may eat it later or before dinner. Make sure that the meal is under the 500calories restriction.
- Avoid hard exercise or activity- Doing hard things may cause tiredness. The VLCD may not give extra energy for you to do the exercise. Avoid doing hard activities that may drain the energy. This will cause you to eat too much. Hard exercise causes cheating and weight gain. Do what you want to do in the day but avoid working out. Hard exercise will burn all the calories that you eat and make you feel tired.
- Always bring water- Get all the water in. Your body needs at least 64 ounces of water each day. Some hunger pains are just signal of thirst. Keep a bottle of water with you and drink it when you feel hungry. It will help a lot in your body and in the diet. Water is best for taking out the toxins in the body.
- Identify if it is really hunger- Feeling like eating does not always mean that you are hungry. Sometimes it is just craving or habit. You even do it out of boredom. Stop all your bad eating habits in the HCG diet. You have to discipline yourself from all the unhealthy foods. Make sure to eat at meal time to get rid of cravings. Stay on the track of the diet and clear up your mind.
- Stay away from stress- Stress is a problem in the state of mind and emotion. This may cause weight gain. A higher level of stress can increase the eating habits and may cause rapid weight gain.
- Keep Busy- This is one thing to stay away from hunger. Being busy will keep you away from foods. Use your brain for other activities and not for thinking about foods.