Weight is not always a spur of a moment decision. Starting a diet is overwhelming at first. The list of the dos and dents are intimidating and may make you fail too often. The right thing you can do in the first place is to have the diet food list. The food list will help you prepare and have a good start on your HCG diet. Preparing ahead some diet foods will keep you bound in the track of your weight loss. One of the most effective ways to succeed in weight loss is through a lifestyle change. This means that clean eating is needed along with the HCG.
Tips to clean eating during the HCG diet
- Stick to the Low Fat Options
One of the dieting rages is to choose low-fat options. However, on the HCG diet, fatty foods are not allowed. Fatty and processed meats are linked to being the cause of obesity and diseases. Fats that are found in meat products can constantly trigger cravings. Processed meats as well are loaded with preservatives, seasonings, hormones, etc. Stick to the low fats or the healthy fats on Phase 1 of the HCG diet. Focus on the organic meats that guarantee an antibiotic-free cut of meat. Choose the cuts of meat that are outlined in the HCG diet food list. It will help you avoid having unnecessary meat fat content.
- You can alternate a diet routine
The HCG works best in dealing with your body fats. It has favorable attention because of its ability to boost its natural way to burn fats. You have to include in your routine Choose organic foods or other healthy options. You can also include an exercise routine. However, you can just do a light exercise. Be careful about your exercise especially if you are in an exercise-driven society. Heavy exercise is not allowed during the HCG diet. It is dangerous to work out especially on VLCD. This is because you will be more likely to gain weight. It can also cause fatigue and will cause you to eat more foods to end fatigue
- Replace your usual meals
If you are used to eating unhealthy foods such as those instant products, you have to change it. Do not eat foods that are commonly having more than one ingredient. This means that you are not allowed to eat processed foods. Try replacing your meals with whole products such as vegetables and fruits. You can also try meats but it must be free from fats. Choose the vegetables that are rich in fiber. It is because fiber is what your body uses to manage your energy levels. Enjoy food high in lean protein, whole grains, and fiber.
- Ditch the Sugar
Do not just quit eating carbs but also with the foods that are high in sugar. Adding sugar can destroy your diet as well as your body’s preparedness to burn fats. Too much sugar also overloads the digestive tract, more specifically the pancreas and liver. It can also weaken your immune system. A weak immune system can make you prone to having illnesses
Diet mistakes that you must stop doing on the HCG diet
- Not sticking to the diet protocol– Follow the HCG diet with dedication and optimism to make it through. Failure to follow the protocol can be easily avoided by being more focused on the diet process. Understand the dos and don’ts of the HCG diet. Take time to familiarize yourself more with the protocol before you start the diet.
- Unhealthy food choices– Your usual choices are likely from canned vegetables or dried fruits. Canned products have added sugar, chemicals and even elevated amount of sodium. Everything at this time becomes instant and unhealthy. Anything that is canned and packed is less nutritious than the freshly picked products. The process of packing and canning destroys the nutritional profile of food choices. Avoid unnecessary industrial food ingredients from processed products.
- Improper food portioning- if you fail to portion your foods on the HCG diet you will have an imbalance intake of calories. This will more likely cause weight gain. For proper food portioning you can use smaller plates or food scales. Food portioning is also an effective way of controlling your intake of calories. The food portioning tips are already outlined on your HCG diet food list. Make sure that you are not guessing your portion sizes.
Clean eating means changing your dietary habits all at once. You have to quit eating habits that give you comfort. You have to be extra conscious of your food choices and avoid consuming the preserved foods. Start with one change at a time. A step by step manner of changing habits will teach your body to adapt your new way of eating. Changing your old habits to healthy ones will soon be your routine. This gives you extra energy and a healthy and fit body.
More ways to help in losing weight during the HCG diet
- Drinking healthy beverages– HCG diet limits you from enjoying beverages. You are only allowed to have coffee, tea, and water. Avoid added sugar and any forms of sugar on your drinks. Sugar will drag you from the diet track. Your tea and coffee must only be sweetened by stevia to safely lose weight. Throughout your day, consume water to stay hydrated and full. Do not drink fruit juices, soda, alcohol, milk teas, and other energy drink during the HCG diet.
- Do not eat in response to stress- You cannot stave off stress if you eat too much. Eating may comfort you from the stress but it adds up your weight. Emotional or stress eating is unhealthy and dangerous. It does not just affect your weight but also the stability of your focus on your diet.
- Having realistic expectations- Unrealistic weight loss expectations will work against you during the HCG diet. Do not expect too much while you lose weight. Instead, compose your focus to do further. Set realistic goals that motivate you to lose weight even more.