Protein is one of the macronutrients that help to build your muscle mass and cells. Foods with high protein have significance to weight loss. Protein is a nutrient from the food you eat that helps in stabilizing blood sugar levels. It improves your fullness so that you will less likely to snack. Protein also provides a boost of energy during the low-calorie intake.
What are the roles of protein during the HCG diet?
The role of protein is to make you full longer during Phase 2 of the HCG diet. It sends signals in your body that suppresses your appetite. Protein has thermic effects that can also burn extra calories from the foods you eat. Incorporating protein on the HCG diet will help you lose pounds.
5 foods that can be a source of protein for the HCG diet
- Veal- Veal is the meat of calves. It is different from the beef meat from older cattle. This is lean meat that contains high levels of protein and iron. It improves the flow of blood all over your body. Thus, helps in increasing your energy levels during the HCG diet.
- Chicken breast- It is a good source of lean protein. It builds and maintains muscle mass during the HCG diet. It can also suppress your appetite and strengthens your one. Chicken breast is available anywhere. Avoid marinated chicken meat or processed chicken meats that are sold in the market.
- Beef meat– Lean beef meat is the most popular source of protein for the HCG diet. Beef meat has fewer calories than other meats. It is also a good source of selenium, vitamins B3 and B6, and choline. Lean beef meat also has omega-3 fatty acids that keep your heart healthy.
- Shrimp– Shrimp has various health benefits and it is high in several vitamins. Eating shrimp promotes heart and brain health due to its content of omega-3 fatty acids. Shrimp meat can be a good addition to your meal because it has low calories. The leanness of shrimp meat will kick start your metabolism for fat burning.
- Crabmeat- Crab meat is one of the best sources of dietary protein. It is lean and filling to your stomach. It contains high levels of selenium and vitamin B 12. Crab is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids that help you lose weight and maintain cardiovascular health. Thus, helps lower blood pressure, protect against heart disease, and improve cognitive function.
Are you allowed to eat protein alone on Phase 2 of the HCG diet?
No. Consuming on protein alone is not allowed during the HCG diet except during the steak day. You still need to eat vegetables and fruits to complete the 500 calorie requirements per day. On the HCG diet, you are allowed to consume 200 grams of protein per day. Weigh your protein choice raw and avoid frying your foods. The HCG diet encourages every dieter to steam, grill, or boil the foods. Maintain proper food portioning to avoid weight gain.