Reaching your weight loss goal on the HCG diet is done by following the diet protocol. The diet protocol will guide you from implementing each phase, food choices, maintaining the HCG shot, and implementing exercise. It is also a guide for you to implement the VLCD and helps you with proper food portioning. Food portioning is important to be able to get the most needed nutrient and amount or portion of calories during the VLCD.
Phase 2 is also a good time to allow your body to adapt to new habits and routines. This is because you will not be following your old routine anymore. You have to adapt healthy habits not just for rapid weight loss but also in dealing with weight-related diseases. Everything that comes into your body must be weight loss friendly. The foods must have a high nutritional profile. Take note that during the VLCD the foods you eat must be burned and not be transformed as body fats. This only means that proper food portioning is important.
The importance of food portion control on the P2 of the HCG diet
Portion size is the amount of food that you put on your plate. It is the quantity of food you have from multiple food choices. Food portion control is important because it allows you to have to right amount of food needed for each day. It allows you to have tight control over how much calories you want to eat in each meal serving. Instead of mindless eating or indulging too much to the food you have to control it to be able to boost weight loss.
What will happen if you neglect food portioning on VLCD?
If you fail to portion your food choices there is a big possibility that it will affect the HCG diet. You will eat too many calories than what is allowed during the VLCD. This will eventually lead to weight loss stall, stopping the work of HCG, and worst is weight gain. There will also be an imbalance of calories in your system which affects HCG from burning your body fats. See to it that you are aware of proper food portioning.
The overview of the second phase of the HCG diet
Food portioning is required during this phase. Why, because the VLCD only allows 500 calories for the entire day. The second phase lasts for 3 to 6 weeks and so as the VLCD. The duration of the implementation of the very low-calorie intake depends on how much weight you want to lose. You are also maintaining the HCG shot during this phase. The HCG is responsible for curbing your hunger, maintaining your muscle mass, boosting your metabolism, and burning your body fats. Along with this, you are also introducing new food choices and eating styles during this phase.
How to get the exact portion of food during the P2 of the HCG diet?
- Eat slowly- Do not eat foods as if you are in a race. The proper way of eating is to do it slowly. Eating slowly will help you detect fullness. You can also track your food intake when you eat slowly. It will also give your body time to adapt to new food choices during the VLCD.
- Be mindful of what you eat- This includes checking the food choices and the amount of food you are eating. You have to focus on eating instead of multitasking during mealtime. Being mindful will help you get the best amount of food during the VLCD. You also have to check the food labels before you eat or purchase foods. This will help you avoid unhealthy food ingredients than will sabotage the HCG.
- Eat only 500 calories- VLCD is not like the loading phase where you can eat as any food at any amount. On VLCD you are just allowed to have 500 calories for the entire day. You have to accomplish the calorie requirements to meet the nutritional demands of your body. Make sure that you are not eating a few or more than 500 calories to avoid weight-loss issues.
- You can split the 500 calorie meal- Instead of having 500 calories in a single meal setting you can divide it into 5 equal portions. Come up with 5 serving with 100 calories each. This is a healthy way of eating without going beyond the required calorie intake. You can stay full all day without being guilty of the amount of food you eat. Always refer to the diet food list for more food choices on the VLCD. Food portioning is not just about the amount of food you are having but also the type of food you are going to eat.
- Use smaller plates- Small dishes helps best in controlling your food intake. This will support your weight loss and in achieving a proper amount of food intake. Be aware of food condiments that you will be having. Your small plate must have a portion of protein choice, vegetable, and fruit in each meal. The amount of food you have in your dinner is the same as the amount you have at lunch.
- You can also use the food scale- You will not just need a weighing scale during the second phase but also the food scale. This is one of the most important tools needed during the VLCD. You have to use the food scale in weighing your food choices before cooking. The food scale is important especially on the meat portion.
What will you do if you fail to portion your food on the HCG diet?
If you fail to get the proper food portioning on VLCD, you are at risk of weight gain. In case of such a situation, you can still do the correction method allowed during the HCG diet. You can try the fruit day or known as the apple day. This is based on the protocol that will help you recover or bounce back on your diet track. You also have to drink more water so that you can flush out the toxins and other effects of eating too much.