The HCG diet is not only about eating vegetables and fruits only. You can also add lean meats to supply protein every day. Lean meats are cuts of meat that do not contain fat tissue. Eating lean meats during the VLCD improves satiety and protects your muscle mass. Lean meats have high levels of protein with fewer calories. This can help in controlling your food intake during the HCG diet.
Guides to eating lean meats during Phase 2 of the HCG diet
- Weigh every meat choice raw and trim the visible fats before cooking
- You can eat 200 grams of lean meat per day
- Avoid eating preserved and processed lean meats
- You cannot eat the 200grams of lean meat all at once
- Stick to the lean meats on the food list. Do not eat sausages, meatballs, and burger patties
- Avoid frying lean meats or do not sauté them in oil or butter
- When you cook lean meats you can broil, grill, or steam them
- You can also use an air-fryer but avoid soaking it in oil
- You can eat fish meats as long as it does not contain any fats
What are the lean meats you can eat during the HCG diet?
- Beef meat
- Lean ground beef
- Chicken breast
- Fish meat
Can you skip lean meats when you follow the vegetarian protocol?
If you follow the vegetarian protocol you can eat eggs as a replacement to lean meats. Do not skip having protein because it plays a big part in your diet. Protein helps in maintaining fullness so that you can eat less. It also maintains your growth and improves your bone and muscle health. Protein also helps your body in producing red blood cells. Consuming lean meats supplies more energy without adding too many calories.
Can you skip lean meats on Phase 2 of the HCG diet?
Avoid skipping lean meats because you need more protein when you lose weight. You can skip the fruits and breadstick but not the lean meats. When you are on the VLCD it is important to stay full to avoid cheating. Being full can help in your progress especially in avoiding unhealthy cravings.
Can you eat lean meats alone in a day during the VLCD?
Eating lean meats all day is a sign of cheating. Take note that you can only have 200 grams of lean meat per day on Phase 2. This means that your body still needs other nutrients from fruits and vegetables. Eating nothing all day but lean meats can cause stalls or weight gain. Balance your meal by adding fruits and vegetables for a healthy weight loss.
Does eating too much meat can cause weight gain?
Eating too much meat has the same effect as eating too much food. It can deposit more calories in your body. When you go beyond the 500 calorie consumption on the HCG diet you can gain weight. It may also result in bloating and stomach pain. During the HCG diet, it is important to have a balanced meal.