HCG meal plans suggest that each meal should cover one portion of vegetables, fruits, lean protein, and a piece of bread and fruit. There is also a list of the approved foods that you can eat throughout the diet program. You should avoid the list of butter, sugar, and oil during the VLCD. You also need to drinks lots of water during the diet program.
A good breakfast can start up your day. You can have a nutritious and balanced-breakfast to provide energy throughout the day. Eating breakfast also provides power for the entire day of work. During the HCG diet program, it is vital to have whole and healthy foods to begin your day.
Can you have whole foods for breakfast during the VLCD?
The original protocol of the HCG diet for phase 2 only allows a breakfast coffee or tea. You cannot have solid foods until lunch. However, some dieters are eating whole foods without gaining weight. The technique is proper food plan and portioning. Ensure that you eat solid foods without going beyond the calorie requirements per day.
Healthy foods you can enjoy for breakfast during the HCG diet
- Eggs- Eating whole and hard-boiled eggs in the morning increase satiety. However, this is not something you can do every day. Although eggs can maintain healthy blood sugar it has calories that are heavy for your VLCD. You can only have eggs when there are no available sources of protein around you. You have to watch out for your calorie intake in succeeding meals throughout the day.
- Cottage cheese- It is high in protein which can be a substitute when lean meats are not available. Eating cottage cheese in the morning improves the feeling of fullness and helps in starting the metabolism. Make sure that you get proper portioning to avoid unwanted weight gain.
- Coffee- The caffeine in the coffee helps improve alertness and performance. You can have coffee as long as it is sugar-free. A sip of coffee has antioxidants that lower inflammation. Thus, lowers your risk form heart and liver disease. Research shows that coffee increases metabolic rate and fat burning.
- Oatmeal- Eating oatmeal from whole ground oats can help reduce cholesterol. It is rich in fiber beta-glucan which can aid in maintaining weight loss after the VLCD. Oatmeal improves satiety and controls your weight during the maintenance phase.
- Berries- A handful of berries such as blackberry is rich in antioxidants. It helps in releasing toxins from your fat stores. Berries can protect the heart from diseases and keep blood vessels healthy. It can improve the feeling of fullness because of its fiber content.
- Flaxseeds- Flaxseeds are best with cottage cheese. It can boost fullness for several hours. Flaxseeds also help in improving insulin sensitivity that prevents breast cancer. Grind the flaxseeds before consuming them so that your body can absorb them.
During the HCG diet, ensure that you follow proper food portioning. It is vital so that you can lose weight in a set period. Do not forget to take the HCG shots at the same time each day for greater results.