Spices and seasoning add flavor to your food. Spices are aromatic seasonings that are plant-based. The HCG diet has only limited spices allowed that does not interfere with your weight loss. These are spices that contain several health benefits and can help burn fats. You can add the HCG diet approved spices without any guilt because these are low in calories.
Spices are also an excellent substitute for sugar and other unhealthy food seasonings. It is low in calories and can also help you control overeating. It helps you indulge your senses without consuming dangerous food ingredients. Spices are more beneficial than using salts and other food preservatives.
What are the approved spices during the VLCD of the HCG diet?
- Ginseng and parsley– This is well known to have the ability to burn extra body fats. Ginseng also helps increase your metabolism. Parsley as well is allowed because of its low-calorie content. This is easy to add to your diet and does not interfere with the work of HCG in your system.
- Garlic– this is not just an aromatic spice but also a potential herbal medicine. Garlic can burn extra calories and can suppress your appetite. It can also boost your metabolism during the very low-calorie diet.
- Ginger- Ginger has a thermal effect that burns extra calories. It also has soothing sensations that help treat an upset stomach. Ginger can also help in treating cramps and headaches. Thus, lowers high blood sugar levels.
- Rosemary– This spice is a rich source of antioxidants. It has a high aromatic effect that improves the flavor of your foods. Rosemary has anti-inflammatory compounds that boost your immune system. It can also help improve blood circulation during the HCG diet.
- Sage- Sage relieves headache and sore throat and treats oxidative stress in your body. It protects your body against free radicals and inflammation.
- Thyme- This is packed with high levels of vitamin C and A. It’s a good source of iron, copper, fiber, and manganese. Thyme can also promote the overall wellbeing of your digestive tract.
- Mint– This is great in facilitating smoother digestion. Mint is anti-inflammatory and it can cure a headache. You can add mint on your cup of tea. You can also have this on your soup meal during the VLCD. It has a thermic effect that burns extra food calories.
- Cinnamon- This is loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It prevents your risk from heart diseases. You can have ½ to 1 tablespoon of cinnamon for the entire day during the VLCD. This can help you lose weight by suppressing your appetite.
- Cumin– This is one of the most popular spices that is used during the HCG diet. It provides oxygen to your body improves the digestion process. Cumin is also helpful in producing digestive enzymes.
- Red pepper- This is a thermogenic type of spice. It helps control excess eating, and they add plenty of flavors to your food. It maintains a healthy weight and reduces calorie consumption during the VLCD. Red pepper is also known to its cholesterol-lowering effects.