The food choices on the HCG diet are carefully chosen and listed for your weight loss. These are the major pillars of why you lose weight during the HCG diet. The food list will guide you for your food options. This is to be able to avoid eating the foods that are high in calories, fats, and sugar. The foods for the HCG diet have health properties that work along with the diet hormones. These foods are good for your metabolism, satisfying, and they are an important part of the diet.
The fruit and vegetable serving on the HCG diet can be used as a snack option as well. The four fruits allowed on the HCG diet are oranges, strawberries, grapefruit, and green apples. These are the common weight loss fruits that are rich in fiber and other benefits. Each of these fruits is packed with phytonutrients. The same thing with the vegetables allowed on the HCG diet. Vegetables and fruits can protect your body from cancer and other diseases. It will also regulate your blood sugar levels and boost your immune system.
The importance of the fruits and vegetables during the HCG diet
Eating fruits and veggies is the easiest and less complicated way to protect your health. It is delicious, guilt-free and body safe. Fruits and vegetables contain important vitamins and minerals. The plant chemicals are great for your body during weight loss. These nutrients also reverse the effects of weight gain and diseases through the HCG diet. Food nutrients promote your overall health so that you can go beyond your weight loss process.
The common foods that are found in the HCG food list
- Broccoli– Broccoli helps in losing weight and stops your body from storing fats. This is also full of antioxidants that fight against cancer. Broccoli is a low calorie and low-fat vegetable which fits during the VLCD. It protects your body from the damages of free radicals during the HCG diet.
- Celery- Celery helps in lowering high cholesterol and blood pressure levels. It can cure the damages caused by free-radicals. It can help in weight loss and fights against various infections. It has properties that cure bloating and also improves proper digestion.
- Spinach- It promotes fullness during your very low-calorie diet. This is also good in strengthening your bones and fights against injuries. Spinach is also known to have properties that fight against cancer. This helps in lowering blood sugar levels and also maintains proper blood pressure.
- Cherries- It lowers your symptoms of metabolic syndrome. This will also fight against diseases that are associated with weight gain. It stops high blood pressure and high blood sugar. Cherry contributes a lot in fat reduction after your HCG diet. It helps in maintaining your weight loss even after the HCG diet.
- Walnuts- This is allowed during the loading phase and even after the VLCD. Walnuts offer a wide range of health benefits. These are also helpful in staving off hunger during your weight loss maintenance. It has low calories which is will less likely cause you to gain weight.
- Apple- It helps lower the risk of hypertension, heart diseases, and diabetes. You can have one apple fruit for your HCG snack.
- Grapefruit- It is rich in lycopene that can fight against cancer. This fruit is also good for hydration. Grapefruits are also able to help in lowering your cholesterol level.
- Oranges- It prevents your body from getting obese because it is low in glycemic index. Oranges also help in controlling the blood sugar levels. It also maintains your skin health during rapid weight loss.
The nutrients you can get from HCG diet food choices
Fish and other seafood as well contain high-quality protein that provides amino acid. The amino acids can maintain the health and growth of your muscles and body tissues. Protein as well deals with inflammation. It curbs the future attack of cravings or hunger on the HCG diet.
Healthy fats can boost your brain and lower the stress level that causes weight gain. Healthy fats are very important for your cardiovascular health. It can also improve your focus on your diet, especially on the VLCD. Keeping off your stress levels can curb emotional hunger.
Vitamins and minerals
The vitamins and minerals keep your blood healthy and prevent you from having anemia. Vitamins and minerals are the most essential nutrients for your diet. It shore up bones, boosts your immune system. These nutrients can also be converted to energy and repair your damaged cells.
Foods that have high fiber can promote healthy digestion and cleanses the stomach. It can lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels. This will stop the risk of cardiovascular and other weight-related diseases. This can help in weight loss maintenance and cleanses the bloodstream. Fiber-rich food can also aid in the proper distribution of nutrients. It helps in the elimination of waste and calories out of the body.
What are the foods that you must avoid on the HCG diet?
- The solid oils such as shortening– solid oil lead to rapid storing of fats in various parts of your body. This is the main cause of diabetes, heart disease, and obesity.
- Deep-fried foods- This is prone to the risk of having cancer. Deep-fried foods will block the normal flow of your blood. Eating them regularly can put you at a higher risk of developing diseases.
- Refined and store-bought flour- This does not have any nutritional value. It has high calories which causes you to get bloated and even gain weight.
- Carbohydrates and sugar- Refined carbs may increase blood triglycerides. It also increases your blood sugar levels and causes insulin resistance. Carbs and sugar are the risk factor of having cardiovascular diseases. Stay away from white rice, bread, cookies, cake, and chocolates.
- Junk foods- These contain a lot of industrial food chemicals, food preservatives, food seasonings, and salt. Ditch all the junk foods in your storage to be able to avoid the weight loss delay. Avoid also dried fruits and canned vegetables.