Binge eating is the consumption of a large amount of food in a single meal. This is considered as part of an eating disorder because you eat foods uncontrollably. If you recognize your binge eating disorder as early as possible there is a possibility that you prevent obesity. However, if overeating starts to occur it becomes hard to control. You will experience hardships to resist the urge of eating.
Binge eating is a serious matter during the HCG diet. It must be stopped as early as possible because you might find it hard to implement the second phase of the HCG diet. The second phase is known as the VLCD. You are not allowed to eat any foods that you usually indulge which causes you to gain weight. This is because if it occurs during your VLCD you might not able to control it easily. This will lead to weight loss struggles especially in maintaining the diet hormone.
The early signs of binge eating disorder
- You are eating a large amount of food even when you are not hungry
- There is a noticeable fluctuation of your physical appearance
- You are affected emotionally especially with your social behavior
- You feel guilt over eating but continue to eat too much uncomfortably
- You experience stomach cramps and other gastrointestinal complaints
- You have your lifestyle or so-called “eating rituals”
- You eat alone or secretly and you feel guilty after you eat too much
This may not be the complete list of the signs of binge eating. There are still other signs that you experience which leads you to gain weight or become obese. There are several ways you can do to change your ways of dealing with binge eating during the HCG diet. In phase 2 you are only allowed to eat low-calorie foods to be able to start the work of HCG.
The effects of binge eating can be solved through the HCG diet. This is because the HCG diet does not just allow you to lose weight but also to transition your habits and eating style. The protocol of the HCG diet will help you deal with binge eating disorder. Before starting anything you have to visit your doctor first for further guidelines. You also have to start planning your weight loss goal.
VLCD of the HCG diet and binge eating
The VLCD has only limited food selection. If you binge eat you will gain weight or may affect the work of HCG in burning your body fats. VLCD only allow low-calorie food selections. This is for your metabolic rate to go faster. Through this, you will start to embrace eating discipline as well as you will be losing weight. The food choices that you will be having are fresh vegetables, selective fruits, and lean meat sources. Hunger does not occur constantly during the VLCD. You do not have to worry about hunger. It is because the HCG is responsible for curbing hunger during the VLCD.
The HCG will reach to your hypothalamus. This is a certain region in your brain that is responsible for metabolism. It will then boost your metabolism for rapid fat burning. The burned fats will be used by your body as a source of energy. This is the reason why you do not have to eat too much food. The calories you will be getting during the VLCD are just enough to fuel your daily activities. The HCG also protects your muscle mass and leave it untouched during the rapid fat burning.
What is the effect of binge eating during the VLCD?
Do your best to avoid binge eating. Do not surround yourself with unhealthy foods and follow the diet protocol to prevent binge eating. This is because it can add to your weight and may stop the HCG in burning your body fats. Binge eating will reset your digestion and makes you uncomfortable. It also increases your hunger hormone. It can also cause an imbalance of calories in your body.
The right way to do when you feel hungry during the VLCD
First, you have to determine if it is physical hunger or just a product of your emotions. You have to drink water and wait for 20 minutes. Emotional hunger only lasts for at least 20 minutes. But if you feel physical hunger you can eat foods. You have to prepare something to grab and eat if you are hungry in between meals. The right way to do when you feel physical hunger is to eat foods and avoid prolonging the hunger.
You can also split your HCG diet meals. This will able to make you have something to eat at any time of the day. Come up with 5 different meals that have 100 calories each. This is for you to have something to eat right away to avoid prolonged hunger. In the case of emotional hunger, you have to think of other ways instead of eating foods. Drink water, coffee, or tea and take a rest. Emotional hunger is a cause of unhealthy cravings. It is sometimes an effect of the foods that you binge-eat before.
How to stop binge-eating during the P2 of the HCG diet?
- Avoid food indulgences– ban all the foods that you usually enjoy such as deep-fried foods, sugar, and carbs. The VLCD is not the same as your loading phase. This time you have to avoid pizza, burger, fatty meat, cookies, cake, creams, and pasta. Focus on having whole, fresh, and organic food choices. Avoid eating packed foods to avoid sugar and other unhealthy food ingredients.
- Avoid high-stress levels- Stress deprives you of having sleep. It can also increase hormones in your body that causes natural weight gain. High-stress levels will drive up hormones that increase the occurrence of hunger. To avoid high-stress levels you have to do meditation, have proper sleep, or try yoga. This will help in boosting your focus especially when you are doing the VLCD.
- Eat mindfully- Mindful eating signifies the importance of focus in dealing with foods. Be aware of your thoughts and emotions before you will eat to avoid binge-eating. Load more on healthy food choices to lower your hunger.