Binge eating is the consumption of large quantities of food in a short time. It is considered an eating disorder. Binge eating is also when you always eat a large amount of food and you are not stopping. The common reason for binge eating is emotional and psychological factors. This happens when you have trouble with impulse control and managing your feelings.
What are the side effects of binge eating?
After a binge you eventually feel the following:
- A feeling of guilt or shame
- Emotional struggles
- High-stress levels
Binge eating also leads to:
- Physical discomfort
- Weight gain
- Gastrointestinal distress
Binge eating also causes health issues such as:
- High cholesterol levels
- Heart disease
- Mental and emotional distress
The difference between binge eating and overeating
Binge eating and overeating are different but have the same effect on the HCG diet. Binge eating often leads you to eat until you can feel discomfort. You can feel the pain because of fullness. Overeating on the other hand is eating too many foods but stops before you feel discomfort. These two eating disorders are dangerous especially during the P2 of the HCG diet.
The risk of binge eating to your HCG diet Phase 2
- Binge eating leads to weight gain– After binge eating your system becomes overloaded. There will be a rush of sugar, fats, and calories. Thus, leads to the rapid storing of fats in various parts of your body.
- It stops the HCG- The HCG will fluctuate which leads to low energy. Binge eating stops the work of HCG in burning your fats. It will also result in weight loss issues and illnesses. The work of HCG also stops because of the food chemicals that you load too much.
- Bloating and constipation- This happens because of the significant loading of calories. Binge eating causes inflammation discomfort, and indigestion. Thus, leads to frequent hunger or hunger pains.
- It ruins the VLCD– This can happen because of the unhealthy loading. Phase 2 of the HCG diet only allows 500 calories per day. During the binge eating period, you are eating more than 2000 calories. Binge eating destroys your VLCD and pulls you out from your diet track.
What should you restrict your diet after you binge eat?
Get back to your diet track right away. Do not prolong the binge eating to avoid going back to the first phase. Restrict yourself from eating your comfort foods. Review the diet protocol and follow the foods allowed during the VLCD. You have to eat clean foods to boost your metabolism and weight loss. Restrict yourself from activities that include food or any other stressful activities.
You can also consider light physical activities. Physical activities can boost metabolism and burning of calories. You are not allowed to do physical activities if you feel uncomfortable, tired, or hungry. Stay hydrated to flush out the food toxins. The most important thing is to maintain your HCG shot.