The heart of your weight loss is the very low-calorie diet. This is the time that your intake of calories will be cut down to 500 calories per day. VLCD is when you have to change your eating habits and embrace a new lifestyle.
What are the things you must do during P2 of the HCG diet?
- Drink adequate amount of water– Hydration is one way of flushing out of toxins. Water will clean your bloodstream and allows the proper distribution of nutrients. Water also helps the HCG to maintain proper metabolism.
- Always weigh your food before cooking– This is usually done in your protein choices. Weight your food before cooking and make sure that all the visible fats are taken off. This is to make sure that you will avoid food content that stops your weight loss.
- Bring the HCG food list with you- Keep a list in your bag or wallet. This will guide you on the allowed items during your VLCD. See to it that you have proper portioning of food items to control your intake of calories.
- Schedule your HCG shot– Avoid missed dose by having your HCG shot the same time each day. Set an alarm or reminder on the time that you will administer your injection. Do not go on 24 hours without having your HCG injection. This is helpful in curbing your hunger and rapid fat burning. Take note that you are not allowed to do a VLCD without your HCG shot.
- Do not panic if you get hungry- Hunger is normal in the first few days of your VLCD. This is because your body is still adjusting to your caloric cut down. Your hunger will be gone by having the exact dose of your diet hormones.
- Avoid using oil-based cosmetics– Beauty care products such as lotions and creams contain oil. Oil-based lotions will penetrate in your body and will delay your weight loss. Do not worry about skincare because your HCG will keep your skin healthy during your rapid weight loss.
- You can split your HCG meals– You can split your VLCD meal into 5. You can have 100 calories in each meal setting per day. This will help you avoid cravings or hunger during your VLCD.
- Create your own HCG recipe– You can cook your own meal based on the HCG food list. This will help you avoid getting bored with the usual meal that you are serving. Stay away from sugar, carbs and other fatty foods. Make sure that you have loaded the allowed foods for the success of your VLCD.