Probiotics are helpful bacteria that keep your gut healthy. It helps during digestion and fights against microorganisms that can cause disease. When you are eating unhealthy foods, you are slowly killing your gut health. Probiotics also prevent diarrhea and other stomach infections. It has potential benefits on the HCG diet by balancing the good and bad bacteria in your gut. It keeps your digestive organs functioning to maintain digestion.
Probiotics also maintain good health in other areas of the body. It fights against eczema and improves your urinary health. Some probiotic products help prevent flu and symptoms of allergies. Nonetheless, be careful in buying probiotics because other products contain sugar and other unhealthy ingredients.
Can You Have Probiotics during the HCG Diet?
First of all, probiotics are helpful when dealing with Constipation. Generally, smaller amounts of probiotics do not affect your progress on the HCG diet. You can have them during the VLCD but, keep your calorie intake low. The original protocol neither approves nor deny the use of probiotic during the low-calorie phase. But, it does not mean that you can have them every day.
Assess your motive before having probiotics on the HCG diet. Are you taking them to relieve Constipation or to maintain your gut health? Note that the foods you eat during the HCG diet are healthy and helpful during digestion. The fiber you get from vegetables and fruits are Natural probiotics that prevent indigestion and other gut issues.
Some dieticians permit probiotics while using the HCG injection. But the original protocol of the HCG diet imposes you to follow the permissible foods in the list. Nonetheless, anything that boosts your weight loss without adding calories to your diet is safe in a minimal amount.
Can you use Probiotics to Relieve Constipation on the HCG Diet?
Probiotics are permissible when the typical option is not available in the market. Ensure that they do not contain flavoring and sugar because they can interfere with your weight loss. Constipation is a typical side effect during the HCG diet. It is due to fewer calorie intake during the VLCD. Constipation during the HCG diet does not lead to any disturbances but, inform your doctor if it persists for a week or two.
How to Relieve Constipation without using Probiotics on the HCG Diet?
- Drink plenty of water every day. The HCG diet permits two liters of water during the VLCD to release toxins and maintain hydration.
- Incorporate a light exercise routine to promote digestion.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. You can cook them raw to get most of the benefits.
- Drink some tea or lemon water to boost cleansing. It helps in relieving occasional Constipation.
- Seek medical help when it persists for a week. You can also have MiraLax or laxative powder that does not contain sugar and starch.
- Some dieters use probiotics during the HCG diet program. It maintains efficient digestion and bowel movements.
Probiotics can help you with:
- Overall digestion
- Proper absorption of nutrients during the VLCD
- Relieves cramps, bloating, gas, and diarrhea
- Improves your immune system and fights viral infections
- Better urinary health
- It detoxifies the body