Poor eating habits or bad eating habits is one of the major reasons why you gain weight. Poor eating habits include under- or over-eating. You are not having enough nutrients than what is requires in your body. It also includes the consumption of unhealthy drinks. Bad eating habits can affect our nutrient intake. It also affects the level of energy you will have. It can impair our daily health and wellbeing and reduce our ability to lead an enjoyable and active life.
Bad eating habits can contribute to stress and tiredness. This can also affect our capacity to do more on our weight loss journey. It can contribute to the risk of developing some illnesses. Dealing with bad eating habits is very important to be able to reach your weight loss goal. Correcting your bad eating habits will help you get through the phases of the HCG diet.
What are the signs of having bad eating habits?
- Eating Straight Out of the Bag
Eating chips, crackers, cookies and ice cream are dangerous foods. A key step when you’re trying to lose weight is literally watching what you eat-being. You have to be aware of what and how much you’re eating. Ditch out the junk foods in your surroundings.
- Endless Snacking
Snacking round-the-clock, often on high-calorie foods that is full of empty carbs. This means that eating unhealthy snacks or endless snacking can cause weight gain. Keep eating healthy snacks such as fruits. These are guilt-free and easy to grab snacks.
- Skipping Breakfast
Skipping breakfast is linked to other harmful habits which can lead to hypertension, high blood pressure, and obesity. Breakfast will jump start your metabolism which helps you maintain your weight loss.
- Mindless Eating
Mindless eating is dangerous for your weight loss journey. It will make you consume too many calories. Eating too many calories will go beyond the requirements during Phase 2 of the HCG diet.
Tips to end bad eating habits on the HCG diet
- Get enough sleep– Take time to sleep and do not prolong stressful situations. Help yourself by relaxing your mind and body. Sleep plays a big role in weight loss. Proper sleep will help you reach your weight loss goal. Relax your body and boost your mind to improve your focus on weight loss.
- Proper Loading- Vegetables and proteins can help you deal with your eating habits. Loading on healthy food will help you take off all the food chemicals in your body. These food chemicals are from unhealthy food choices or processed foods. These are the foods that cause you to gain weight faster. Be careful about your calorie if you are on your phase 2.
- Stop the emotional eating- Fixing your emotions towards food will help you fix your weight. Emotional eating will not just cause you to gain weight but also diseases and stress. Deal with your emotions and stress right away to avoid emotional eating.
- Do not skip any meal- HCG diet cut down your caloric intake into 500 per day but it does not mean that you will deprive yourself. Do not skip your HCG meals because it is important to meet the nutritional requirements of your body. Enjoy your HCG diet recipe and be responsible for eating especially if you are doing the VLCD.
- Make your health as your wealth- You cannot buy a healthy body. That is why you have to take care of your health by following a healthy routine. You can maintain a healthy body through the HCG diet. HCG diet will help you take back your health that has been gone because of obesity.
Exercise as well can help you deal with bad habits. Light exercises will help in maintaining the tone of your body. It does not harm your HCG diet because it does not cause stress. You can start your morning exercise after a cup of coffee to shake off negative vibes. Swimming is also allowed as part of your light exercise routine. You can do light exercise 2 to 4 times each week. You can go back to your normal exercise routine after your HCG diet. The following are light exercises that are allowed:
- Biking- This will help you in maintaining the firmness of your muscles. Biking can burn calories and help in shaping your waist.
- Jogging or running- This is allowed in minimal duration. It can help in burning calories and it helps the work on HCG in suppressing your appetite.
- Walking- This is a simple way of burning calories. It preserves your lean muscle and raises your metabolism.
- Yoga- It is effective in stress management and lowers the risk of stress eating. It will develop your mindfulness which is important during your HCG diet. This is also helpful in maintaining your cardio health.
Helpful ways that help in losing weight during the HCG diet
- Stay away from carbs
It has the same effect as sugar. Carbs have sugar, fiber and other content in one food. An effective way to lose weight is carb restriction. The VLCD and the zero carb diet are effective in the reduction of water weight.
- Track the food
Always have a record of the foods that you have been eating. This will help you in tracking the weight loss. It can also help you determines the reason for weight gain. This will keep a record of all the diet needs as well as the things that are not allowed in the diet.
- Load more on protein
This can help you from loading too much food especially sugar. Protein can help in maintaining the muscle mass as well as the fullness of the stomach. This aids in the HCG diet weight loss because you will not feel any hunger. Protein is also one of the most important macronutrients needed for the bod
- Stay away from sugar-sweetened drink
A sweet treat is the best way to find satisfaction and comfort. Sweet drinks are the number one option for us to satisfy thirsty. However, it is not a healthy practice. Drinking sweetened drinks is like drinking calories. Sugars are the number one contributor to belly fats in the body.