Before starting the HCG diet program you need to assess everything first. During the HCG diet, you will be having a lot of adjustments, especially in your meal. It will help your body and mind to stay devoted to the HCG diet protocol. Throughout the VLCD you have to express efforts to be able to avoid weight loss struggles.
There are various drinks or beverages that you need to avoid upon starting the HCG diet program. These drinks contain liquid calories that will be a reason for sudden weight gain. Processed drinks can interfere with the work of HCG in your system. On the HCG diet, you do not only have to know the list of foods that are not allowed but also the beverages and drinks.
Avoid the following while taking your HCG shots
- Diet soda- Diet soda does not contain any nutrients that will benefit your body. On the HCG diet program, you do not need any weight loss drinks or diet soda to successfully lose weight. This only means that you have to avoid diet soda during the VLCD. It’s because the active ingredient of this beverage can affect the HCG in dealing with your body fats.
- Sugary Coffee- Avoid adding sugar, whipped creams, chocolates, and other unhealthy sweeteners to your coffee. You also have to avoid sweetened coffee because of its calorie content. Sugary coffee contains bursting sugar that can load up to 1,000 calories in every cup. Choose an unsweetened coffee instead or have it flavored with stevia to improve the sweetness without affecting the HCG.
- Fruit juice– Fruits are healthy food choices and you can accompany them during the HCG diet. However, processed fruit drinks are unhealthy and dangerous to your HCG diet. It contains added sugar, flavorings, food color, and flavor enhancements. If you want fruit juice you can grab a fresh-squeezed orange or lemon in a cup of cold water. You can add stevia to improve the flavor.
- Flavored water- Flavored water may contain vitamins but it is mostly loaded with too many calories and sugar. Avoid flavored water while you are on the diet program. During the HCG diet, you are only allowed to drink mineral water. It does not contain preservatives and other artificial flavors.
- Liquor and sports drinks- Liquors or alcohol is an unhealthy drink that can lead to obesity. It is loaded with calories and can stop you from losing weight during the HCG diet. Liquor can also stimulate your appetite and cause the frequent occurrence of hunger. Sports drinks also contain artificial sweeteners. It gives you a sudden increase and drops off of energy which triggers overeating. It also has preservatives and other ingredients that your body does not need during the HCG diet.
- Mixed drinks– These are loaded with artificial colors. Mixed drinks have the same effect as other liquors and alcohol. It contains too much sweetener and it is not nutritious at all. This is an unhealthy drink to accompany your HCG diet program. Take note that in the second phase of the HCG diet you are also not allowed to drink milk.