The simple trick that you can do during the HCG diet is controlling meal sizes. Make some small changes when you start taking your HCG shots. Start changing your meal patterns during the VLCD. Doing some tricks in eating can help you lose weight. You will also control the number of calories you get each day. These tricks will make some changes in your habits.
Eating tips that increase weight loss on the HCG diet
- Drink a glass of water before you eat. It is a healthy trick that reduces your calorie intake. Drinking a glass of water before eating can boost fullness. It will make you less likely to eat a lot. Drinking water before eating lowers your calorie intake to 200 calories.
- Get a bigger serving of vegetables. You cannot mix vegetables but, you can increase your servings. Fiber-rich vegetables improve your satiety. Eat at least one or two servings of vegetables at every meal. The approved vegetables on the HCG diet are low in calories. The high fiber compounds can suppress your appetite.
- Avoid eating carbs. Eating carbs results in weight gain. They interfere with how the HCG works in your body. Avid eating bread as an appetizer.
- Start your meal with soup. It is a delicious treat that lowers your calorie intake by 20%. Cook some healthy soup recipes for your VLCD. Avoid adding creams. Control the salt you put on your dish. Ensure that the soup has no noodles and grains.
- Avoid distractions when you eat. Distractions during mealtime increase your calorie intake. It is because you are shifting your focus on lots of things. Pay attention to what you are eating during the second phase of the HCG diet. Listen to the body signals that allow you to detect fullness. Avoid using cellphones and watching television when you eat.
- Use smaller plates. A smaller dish lowers your calorie intake. It maintains 500 calories per day and prevents overloading. It tricks your brain as if you had enough food on your platter. This technique gives you an easy way of maintaining weight loss.
Sample menu for a day on your VLCD
For breakfast, you can choose one of the following:
- Green tea with stevia
- Coffee with stevia
- Coffee with one tablespoon of milk
- A handful of strawberries and water
- Green tea and ¼ grapefruit
- Spinach smoothie
For your lunch, choose one from the following options:
- Chicken breast and cabbage
- Spinach, strawberries, and beef meat
- Shrimp, breadstick, and apple
- Tomato beef soup
- Asparagus and grilled fish
- Steak and orange
Your lunch and dinner have the same volume of food. For dinner, choose one option from the following:
- Lean meat and lettuce
- Crabmeat, Grissini, and grapefruit
- Spinach, orange, and lobster
- Beef meat, strawberries, and breadsticks
- Steamed asparagus, beef meat, and breadsticks
Ensure that you weigh your food before cooking. Eat at least 200 grams of protein during the VLCD. The HCG diet requires two servings of vegetables and fruits per day.