Losing weight is essential in maintaining optimal health. Not only it prevents diseases, but, also boosts your confidence. Exercising is allowable during the HCG diet as long as it is light. The original protocol of the HCG diet does not permit workouts. As time goes by, some modifications allow light activities.
Does the HCG diet protocol allow women to exercise?
The modern protocol of the HCG diet permits more activities aside from walking. Women can exercise 15 to 20 minutes per session. Ensure that you are not hungry or tired when you work out to avoid fatigue. Some low-impact activities support your HCG diet. The light activities that women can do are:
- Chair dips
- Jump rope
Avoid strenuous activities like:
- Weight lifting
- Long exercise regimen
Intense workouts increase menstrual cramps and hunger during the HCG diet. Support the weight loss program by following the protocol.
Here are some exercise tips for women during the HCG diet:
- Set your goals. When you create your goal, ensure that you can achieve them. The goal that you make for the HCG diet is different from your exercise goals. Your workout goals aids in improving your consistency. Set your limitations and avoid going beyond your strength.
- Try the circuit training. It is a cardiovascular workout that you can perform for 10 minutes. Circuit training includes push-ups, sit-ups, squats, jump, and leg lifts. You can do these activities in the comfort of your home. Stretch your muscle to prevent joint pain and muscle soreness.
- Avoid going to the gym. Gym sessions are a waste of time as most of the activities affect your weight loss. Stay in your house and perform light activities. Your act of cleaning and doing house chores helps in burning excess calories. You do not have to pay for gym sessions when you are doing Phase 2 of the HCG diet.
- Exercise in the morning. The time of your activity is essential to maintain your power. Avoid exercising in the evening because it results in insomnia. You can work out in the morning after your coffee. Enjoy the sunlight before you dig into your tight schedule.
- Drink lots of water. Ensure you stay hydrated to replace the electrolytes in your body. Water controls your body temperature and prevents fatigue. Drink 2 to 3 glasses of water after your physical activity.
- Avoid overdoing workouts. Take note that you only eat 500 calories per day. It is enough fuel for your body to function. When you overdo them, it results in fatigue and tiredness. Too many physical activities result in muscle soreness and joint pain.
When you work out, it lowers stress levels and improves your brain function. It helps you stay active during the HCG diet. Light activities increase your muscle mass during the VLCD.
For women, you need to consider your limitations in incorporating work out during the HCG diet. Ensure that you look forward to something beneficial for your body. Stop doing exercise when your cravings increase and your weight spikes up.