Do you know that anxiety affects your weight loss? Anxiety is a feeling of being restless or uneasiness. At some point in your life, there are some anxiety attacks. It may be mild or severe because you worry about something. Anxiety affects your routine especially the common things you do during the HCG diet. Having anxiety during the HCG diet can put you back to your food indulgences. It’s because you will be seeking comfort from appealing foods such as pizza, cake, and ice cream.
There will always be bad days when you try to lose weight. Any mistake or negative emotions could affect your weight loss. To help in boosting your mood you have to dig in on your food choices. It will help you in dealing with anxiety and emotional struggles in a healthy way. There are HCG foods that can help you ease anxiety and improve your mood.
Foods that help in reducing anxiety on P2 of the HCG diet
- Tea- Drinking tea is mind boosting. It has the same effects as doing yoga or meditation. Tea has properties that soothe your nerves and can calm your emotion. It’s because of the substance that is present in your tea called “theanine”. This substance is capable of boosting your mind and all your nervous system. It can also improve relaxation in your body and brain.
- Salmon- You can eat Salmon especially if you follow the modern VLCD approach to the HCG diet. This fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids that improve your mental health. It will reduce the level of anxiety and mood swings. You can have at least 80 to 100 grams of salmon during the HCG diet. Grilling or steaming is a fit cooking method for Salmon. You can also make a salmon soup added with a small amount of cabbage or lettuce.
- Spinach- The high levels of magnesium present in spinach can help in improving your mood. Spinach is also one of the healthiest leafy green vegetables that you can eat on Phase 2 of the HCG diet. You can have a cup of spinach on your VLCD lunch or dinner. Make sure that you are eating enough to maintain a very low-calorie intake.
- Lean beef meat- There are scientific studies that having lean beef meat can stave off anxiety. Lean meats are rich in vitamins and other nutrients that reduce anxiety during the VLCD. It is also one of the richest sources of protein.
- Chard and celery- These are some of the natural sources of magnesium. These are low-calorie foods that you can eat on the VLCD. Chard and celery can aid in reducing anxiety.
The importance of dealing with anxiety during the HCG diet
Anxiety is an emotional issue that may lead to high-stress levels or depression. It is important to deal with this before starting the HCG diet. It’s because if you prolong such an issue there is a possibility of gaining weight. Anxiety will lead you to eat comfort foods such as sugar, carbs, and deep-fried foods. Avoiding anxiety improves weight loss, brain health, and focus. This only means that you can do your VLCD without any barriers.