Older teens can follow the modified protocol from the original concept of the HCG diet. Older teens or those aging 18 to 20 years old can try the HCG diet with medical supervision. The typical weight loss program does not work for teens due to the persistent changes in their bodies. The cutdown of carbs on the HCG diet can work for them because they have responsive metabolism.
If you are an older teen, you can try the modified protocol of the HCG diet for 21 days duration. Visit your dietician or doctor to determine your BMI and set your weight loss goal. The assessment from your doctor includes your skinfold thickness measurement, physical activity, age, gender, and diet. They also perform health screenings to determine existing diseases.
Food Plan for Older Teens on the HCG Diet
- Cut down your carb intake but consider Melba Toast and breadsticks. Other carbs are not permissible because they have high-calorie content.
- Avoid eating pasta, potatoes, rice, bread, and sugary foods.
- You can add pears, peaches, and apricots but avoid eating mango, watermelon, and banana.
- Avoid eating hunger-producing foods because they can interfere with your weight loss. Hamburgers, sausages, bacon, and other processed meats are not permissible.
- Avoid sugar, honey, molasses, corn syrup, fructose, and other unhealthy sweeteners while using the HCG injections. Avoid buying foods from restaurants because of the added ingredients that interfere with HCG.
- No trans fats, hydrogenated oils, and oily products because they can ruin your progress. You can eat cottage cheese and eggs but, avoid eating them every day.
- You can follow the meal plan and recipe from online HCG diet guides. But, avoid drinking wine, alcohol, soda, and other processed drinks.
How Many Calories Per Day Can Older Teens have on the HCG Diet?
Older teens can follow the original protocol of VLCD that requires 500 calories per day. The HCG can suppress your appetite and increase your energy., Nonetheless, it is better to follow modern VLCD protocol that permits 800 calories per day. It is less intimidating if you are a beginner on the HCG diet. Combine the VLCD with daily shots of HCG injections to avoid nutritional deficiency and calorie imbalances.
How to Boost Your Weight Loss?
- Avoid skipping meals. You can eat foods for breakfast when you follow the 800 calorie version of the HCG diet. Avoid leaving your house without eating to prevent resorting to foods from restaurants and food chains. You can drink tea or coffee to kick start your day but, avoid buying bagels and baked treats.
- Improve your sleep. It alleviates stress and reduces your risk of overeating during the day and, improves digestion. It can help in boosting your weight loss during the HCG diet.
- Load more on healthy foods. Refer to the HCG diet food list when planning a recipe to avoid processed ingredients. Keep your options fresh and organic to maintain your calorie intake and boost your weight loss.
- Maintain hydration. Drink at least 2 liters of water every day during the VLCD to improve detoxification. Water releases the burned fats and improves your satiety. It can also boost your weight loss during the HCG diet.