Drinking alcohol is not advisable during the HCG diet. But, some dieters are drinking alcoholic beverages once every week. It does not affect too much of their weight loss progress. Note that HCG works differently. If drinking alcohol does not affect other dieters, it does not mean it works similarly to you. It is better to avoid alcoholic beverages throughout the HCG diet.
The secret to drinking alcohol while on the second phase of the HCG diet is choosing the right option and drinking in moderation. But, consider your weight loss goal before anything else. Note that you are establishing healthy eating habits while using HCG injections. Drinking alcoholic beverages on the HCG diet may interfere with your progress.
Here is some alcohol you can drink at celebrations and parties:
- White wine
- Red wine
- Vodka (maximum of three shots)
Keep your calorie intake low and avoid sugary mixes because they add more calories to your daily allocation. Drink lots of water after drinking to prevent hunger.
When you are dealing with cravings for alcoholic beverages, avoid them all during the HCG diet. Alcoholic beverages like beer have the highest calories. A bottle can add more than 100 calories and, it can increase your calorie intake. Drinking too much can compromise your daily meal and results in nutritional deficiency.
Reasons to Avoid Alcoholic Beverages on the HCG Diet:
- Calories in alcohol are high and, they can interfere with your progress. Calorie-loaded drinks increase the fat deposition in the body.
- Alcoholic mixes contain loads of sugar and carbs. They can also affect the mechanism of HCG in dealing with fats. It can also affect your liver and develops dependency.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages can stimulate your appetite and trigger the reward center of the brain. As a result, it can worsen your cravings for alcoholic beverages.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages leads you to snack very often on carbs and calorie-loaded foods. It can also affect your sleeping routine due to stimulants. It results in low productivity and occurrences of hunger on the next day.
Dealing with Alcohol Cravings during the HCG Diet:
- Load more on healthy foods. Eating healthy foods improves the detoxification process in the body. It staves off chemicals that can trigger cravings. Load more on protein and fiber to increase your satiety and prevent cravings.
- Drink water or tea. It is a substitute drink instead of an alcoholic treat. Water improves the flow of oxygen and nutrients and staves off toxins from our bodies. You can also drink tea because it is rich in antioxidants. Avoid processed drinks. Sugary beverages can trigger alcohol cravings. Avoid them while using HCG Injections.
- Improve your sleep. Sleeping on time can reduce the occurrence of cravings during the day. It can also alleviate stress without involving alcoholic drinks.
- Distract yourself. Shift your attention to other fun activities when you crave alcohol. It will help you reduce your cravings and maintain a low-calorie intake.
- Take your HCG shots every day to curb your hunger and maintain your energy. It also prevents you from falling into alcohol cravings by maintaining your satiety.