Overeating is the consumption of excess foods more than what you need in producing energy. It leads to weight gain or becomes obesity. Overdoing foods is an eating disorder. It is dangerous for your health when it worsens.
Overeating adds a pack of extra pounds to your body. Eating habits are subconscious. It became a part of the routine where you eat lots of food without noticing. Fixing your eating habits is a challenge. During the HCG diet, you need to overcome them.
What are the signs of overeating?
- Eating a large amount
- Eating much more quickly throughout the day and night
- Eating foods until you get sick or stomach discomfort
- Feeling hungry all the time after a meal
- Eating at night
- Secretive eating
How to stop binge-eating during the HCG diet?
Stopping the habit of eating lots of food is challenging. But, during the HCG diet, you learn to control them. The mechanism of the hormone promotes metabolic rate. It suppresses your appetite and controls eating. Here simple things that you can incorporate to stop overeating on the HCG diet:
- Stay full all day. Eat several small meals the entire day by splitting the 500 calorie meal. If your lunch and dinner have a large amount, you can eat small portions of fruits for snacking. Avoid prolonging your hunger. It’s because it gives a greater chance that you may overeat.
- Cook just one serving. Limit the number of foods that you will cook. Prepare meals that are enough for you. It helps you maintain proper portion control of your meal sizes. Avoid eating the 500 calorie meal all at once. Refrigerate or leave something for the next meal if you are cooking too much.
- Control your meal sizes. Find out how many calories you eat in each portion. Eat the right size of the meat, vegetables, and fruits. Controlling meal sizes helps in limiting the calories you eat.
- Eat slowly. It helps your brain have enough time to register the items you eat. When you eat slowly, it prevents overstuffing your stomach. Eating is not a race. Avoid eating fast because it triggers indigestion.
- Choose the approved foods. Avoid processed items because it leads to an initial rush of energy. Include vegetables in your recipes.
- Avoid skipping meals. When you skip meals, you are prolonging hunger. Your meals will supply your energy for the day. Your foods are your resources for the vital nutrients your body needs for weight loss.
Items that are high in water content also prevent overeating. Fruits and vegetables are high in water and fiber. It improves your fullness without adding calories to your diet. Drinking an adequate amount of water per day also prevents overeating.
The side effects of overeating during the HCG diet?
Binge-eating increases body fat. It results in an imbalance of calories. Overeating can also result to:
- Disruption on regulating hunger
- Increases risk of diseases
- Poor brain function