The HCG diet guidelines on eating fruits are from the original concept of Dr. Simeons. Understanding the eating guidelines of the HCG diet prevents you from stalling. When thinking about snack food, the first thing in mind is chips. Your typical snack foods are not healthy during the HCG diet as they interfere with weight loss.
Why Do You Need to Add Fruits to the HCG Diet?
- It helps lower calorie intake. You will replace your typical snacks with fruits to lessen the cholesterol you get. Fruits that contain fiber boost your satiety and prevents you from binge-eating. It can also help you lose excess calories and trim down your belly fats.
- Fruits can prevent diseases. They contain vitamins and minerals that stabilize your health. Eating fruits every day reduces your risk of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. Fruits contain antioxidants that can boost your immune system. You do not have to worry about getting sick during the HCG diet when you eat fruits.
- Fruits can stimulate your brain. Unhealthy foods contain brain-blocking properties that weaken brain functions. Eating fruits instead of unhealthy snacks can improve your memory. It can also activate your brain and alleviate stress.
In Phase 2 of the HCG diet food menu, Dr. Simeons allows four fruit choices:
Any two of these fruit options are permissible each day as a substitute for your unhealthy snacks.
Guidelines on Eating Fruits during the HCG Diet:
- Choose the medium-sized apple when you eat them before and after exercising. Avoid eating two types of fruit in one meal setting.
- Eat the whole fruit instead of getting the juice. It can boost satiety and increase fat-burning.
- You can also have freshly squeezed fruit juice when you crave sweet treats. But, avoid adding sugar to prevent weight gain.
- Only one fruit is advisable per meal. Eating two types of fruits from the daily portions may result in overeating.
- Avoid eating dried fruits because they contain preservatives and sugar during the drying process. It does not have any nutritional benefits other than the freshly picked choices.
- Mixing fruits in one serving on the HCG diet is not permissible due to calorie differences. Increasing fruit intake and reducing vegetables is not advisable because it can cause nutritional deficiency.
Fruit Portion Sizes on the HCG Diet
The original script of the HCG diet does not specify the advisable portion when eating fruits. For proteins, you can eat at least 200 grams per day but, there is no specific amount for fruit portions. Nonetheless, ensure that you stick to a 500 calorie intake per day to boost your weight loss.
You can also use fruits as a stand-alone snack. But, it is not advisable as a substitute for your meal. You can split your 500 calorie meal instead of eating fruits throughout the day. Ensure you get protein, vegetables, and fruits every day. It can help you keep your energy and prevents food temptations. You can also keep a small portion of fruit for your evening snack than digging into a bag of chips.