There are lots of food options you can get to start your day. But, be careful during the HCG diet. Breakfast is essential for your body to function. If there are healthy food options, there are foods that can break your diet. Avoid getting carbohydrates and sugar during the HCG diet. Stick with fruits and vegetables. You can also eat some fat-free meats.
Can you eat foods for breakfast on the HCG diet?
The original script of Dr. Simeons forbids solid foods for breakfast. Tea and coffee are the permissible items in starting your day. On the modern protocol, you can eat light meals for breakfast. Split the 500 calorie meals to come up with five servings. Refer to the HCG diet food list if you are uncertain about food options.
Light breakfast meal during the HCG diet
- Coffee or tea. Ensure you drink sugar-free tea or coffee. They can boost the metabolic rate to start your day. Tea and coffee are an appetite suppressant.
- Hard-boiled egg. Eating eggs during the HCG diet is not something you can o every day. The amount of eggs to eat during the VLCD is three. Ensure that they are hard-boiled. Eating eggs is a substitute option when there are no available meats.
- Fruits. If you want to eat something, grab a medium-sized fruit. During the VLCD, you can eat two whole fruits per day. For example, is you can eat half of a medium-sized apple. Fruits have loads of fiber that improve satiety.
Sample meal plan to keep your satiety during the HCG diet
You can eat solid foods for breakfast during the HCG diet. Split the fruit choice and Grissini from your main meals. For easy meal flow, you can follow below:
- 7:00 am, drink a cup of plain black coffee.
- 10:00 am you can eat one Grissini breadstick
- For your lunch eat 100 grams of meat and a bowl of vegetables.
- 3:00 pm is fruit time. You can eat whole fruit and breadstick.
- For your dinner, serve 100 grams of meat and two cups of spinach. You can choose other vegetables. Add a freshly squeezed lemon on top of the dish.
Avoid adding sugar or fats to your meal as it ruins the mechanism of the HCG. Controlling meal sizes is vital to keep your calorie intake low.
Can you include meats for breakfast during the HCG diet?
Meats are sources of protein. You can eat meats when you portion well the 500 calorie meal. Ensure that you weigh them raw and avoid cooking oils. Prepare a fruit smoothie for your breakfast. Eating fruits for breakfast keeps you full until your next meal.
Things to avoid when you eat breakfast on the HCG diet
Avoid simple sugar because it results in an energy crash. Go for healthy options when you take the HCG injections. It controls hunger and cravings. Avoid the following:
- Avoid simple sugars
- French toast
- Fruit juices
- Sweetened milk