Low-calorie foods are the better choice for weight loss during the HCG diet. They contain fewer calories than what your body requires to digest in the stomach. The approved foods on the HCG diet are filling and aids in reducing hunger pain. It also increases metabolism during the fat-burning phase of the HCG diet.
In Phase 2 of the HCG diet, you can only eat low-calorie foods from chosen food groups. Avoid eating sugar, carbs, and fats to prevent weight gain on the HCG diet. The HCG diet permits 500 calories per day. It does not mean that you have to deprive yourself.
The purpose of cutting the calories is to aid your body in shifting to a healthy lifestyle. It allows the HCG to begin its mechanism in burning fats and resetting your metabolic rate. The low-calorie options are a healthy addition to your weight loss regimen and even after the HCG diet.
The Three parts of Daily Metabolism
- Physical activity. Calories are vital for exercising and additional task for the day. The HCG increases your metabolic rate to provide fuel for your daily activities.
- Body function. It aids in maintaining the heartbeat, nervous system, blood flow, and respiratory system. The HCG converts the burned fats into fuel to supply power and maintain the function in your body.
- Digestion of foods. It improves the digestion of foods and turning them into nutrients that your body uses for weight loss. Proper digestion prevents nutritional deficiency and other health issues during the HCG diet.
The Low-Calorie Foods that Helps in Weight Loss on the HCG Diet
- Freshly squeezed fruit juice
- Coffee (with a splash of skim milk)
- Sugar-free Beverages
Why do the HCG Diet Food Choices Contain More Vegetables?
Vegetables are typical options for low-calorie diets because they aid in weight loss. It aids in staving off excess chemicals and toxins that cause weight gain. The soluble fiber in green vegetables helps burn more fats and detoxify the body. It also increases fullness and has loads of vitamins to maintain your health.
When you eat vegetables, you are reducing your urge to snack or binge eat during the VLCD. Vegetables have loads of antioxidants that improve cardiovascular health. They boost your satiety without adding more calories during the VLCD.
Here is an example of the Total Calories of Vegetables Per 100 gram Serving:
- Cucumber has 16 calories per 100 grams. It contains water which helps maintain hydration and fullness.
- Cabbage has 25 calories per 100 grams. It is rich in fiber, potassium, and vitamin C.
- Asparagus has 20 calories per 100 grams. It is rich in folate and prevents cardiovascular diseases.
- Beets contain 43 calories. It is one of the anti-inflammatory foods and a source of antioxidants.
- Cauliflower contains 25 calories. It improves digestion and prevents heart disease.
- Kale has 49 calories. It is rich in antioxidants and vitamin K.