The first week of the HCG diet is challenging than the rest of the Phases. It is the time that you adjust to a new eating regimen and changes your lifestyle. Hunger pains are usual during these days as your body is still new to the low-calorie intake.
Hunger on the first week of the HCG diet is a sign when your body starts detoxifying carbs, sugar, and starches. There are several ways you can do to prevent hunger during the second phase of the HCG diet. Starvation will be gone as soon as the HCG spreads in your system and starts its work.
Cutting calories on the HCG diet is not easy as you expect it to be but, the results are worth it. The first three days may be hard for some because of the minimal side effects, headaches, and hunger. Ensure that you are taking your HCG shots to manage these symptoms on the HCG diet.
Types of Hunger on the HCG Diet
Determine if the hunger is emotional or physical to avoid stress eating. Avoid the starvation signals that come from your head as it leads you to eat unhealthy foods. Eat foods when you are physically hungry because it is a signal from your body to get the energy to continue functioning.
Tips to Control the Occurrences of Hunger on the HCG diet:
- Load more fats during the first two days of taking your HCG shots to prepare your body for the VLCD.
- During the second phase of the HCG diet, control your blood sugar levels by eating healthy meals to prevent energy crashes.
- Reduce your stress to prevent emotional eating on the second phase of the HCG diet. Control your stress levels by breathing, sleeping, and reducing the intensity of your physical activities.
- Exercise is allowable as long as you are not tired. Light activities can shift your focus instead of listening to your hunger.
- Eat healthy foods that are allowable on the HCG diet to get the nutrients and vitamins your body needs for weight loss. Healthy food choices prevent cravings and increase your satiety during the VLCD.
- Decline food temptations without involving eating. You can drink lots of water, watch your favorite shows, or read a book. Make mindful decisions every day to prevent pitfalls on the HCG diet.
- Replace sugary items with HCG diet-approved foods. During the HCG diet, your body detoxifies from sugar and, this process may cause frequent occurrences of hunger. You can eat fruits as a substitute for chocolate and other sugary items.
- Avoid skipping your meals as it increases your risk of getting hungry on the second phase of the HCG diet. Eating meals helps in controlling your blood sugar levels and prevent starvation.
To survive the first few days of the HCG diet, ensure that you practice a healthy lifestyle. There are unlimited foods you can choose when you start the VLCD. Ensure you pick the healthy options to help in controlling hunger.