The HCG diet is sensitive to everything you put on your body during the fat-burning phase. It has restrictions on the foods you eat and the products you apply to your skin. The skin is the biggest organ in your body that serves as protection. During the HCG diet, the skin is subtle to your creams, lotions, and personal care products.
In reaching a maximum weight loss, avoid skin care and hygiene products that contain animal fat. They are not permissible as how you restrict sugary and oily foods. Animal-based products can interfere with the mechanism of the HCG diet. Your skin absorbs them as your body is responsive to any fats that enter your body.
Tips for personal care and cleanliness during the HCG diet
- Ensure you follow the cautions in the HCG diet protocol.
- Read the labels of deodorant, lotions, shampoo, and oral care before using. It helps you avoid hormones, steroids, and butter that stops the HCG.
- Track the products when you use them. Stop using personal care and hygiene products when your weight result is stalling.
- Ensure the products do not contain oils and creams that are not permissible during the HCG diet.
- Keep healthy choices as to how you opt for healthy foods.
- Stop using the products if you are allergic to the ingredients.
- Avoid using ingredients and chemicals that are strong in personal and hygiene care products.
Hygiene and personal care Ideas while on the HCG Diet
You can use products that have baking soda and are free from oils. Examples are:
- All varieties of Irish spring soap
- Ivory bar soap
Look for a deodorant that contains baking soda than other creams.
- Crystal body deodorant
- Baking soda original roll-on
- Anti-perspirant deodorant
- Fragrance-free deodorant
- Cool confidence roll-on
For lotion and sunscreen:
Use products that have plain mineral oil that does not contain lots of ingredients:
- Aveeno active naturals
- Aveeno moisturizing lotions
- Anti-itch lotion
- Aloe Vera 100 % gel
- Dove Intensive body lotion
- Neutrogena moisturizer
- Simple sunscreen lotion
- Nutrashield face sunscreen and lotion
- Ultimate oil-free body lotion
For hair care:
During the HCG diet, choose natural and organic products.
- Giovanni organic shampoo & conditioner
- Biosilk silk shampoo
- Dove conditioner
- Jayson styling Gel
- Aloe Vera & bergamot Giovanni root
- Hair Spray Giovanni Styling lotions and gels
For oral hygiene:
You can use salt-based or baking soda products to whiten your teeth. Avoid flavored toothpaste.
- Tom’s toothpaste
- Baking soda
- Jason natural tooth gel
- Spry toothpaste
- Hammer teeth whitening booster
Cleanser and makeup remover:
- Oil-free CVS eye makeup remover
- Neutrogena oil-free makeup remover
- Almay facial soap for oily skin
- Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser
- Original witch Hazel
Anything that is not on the list is not permissible. As much as possible, opt for natural products or try not to use anything at all. The HCG can improve your skin health even without your beauty products. It improves the elasticity and moisture of your skin. Stick to oil-free products that do not contain petroleum jelly and sugar.