Stress is one of the health concerns in the US today. The typical sources of stress are finances, relationships, personal safety, obligations, family responsibilities, and career. It is responsible for some health issues that lead to depression, heart diseases, and weight gain.
How does stress cause weight gain?
When your stress level increases, it results in natural weight gain. Stress targets your hypothalamus and reduces your metabolic rate. As a result, you are gaining weight and losing self-confidence. Stress can also trigger your overeating habits as it increases insulin levels.
Why do you need to lower stress levels on the HCG diet?
Stress can interfere with the HCG in burning your fats. It can also trigger binge-eating disorders as you start to seek comfort from the foods. Lowering your stress levels during the HCG diet increases your energy levels. Take some time to do some relaxation and meditation routine to improve your mood. Avoid eating foods when your stress level increases during the HCG diet. Avoid unhealthy ways in dealing with stress like:
- Drinking alcohol
- Eating unhealthy foods
- Intense workout
Some relaxation tips to control stress on the HCG diet
Control stress without involving foods during the HCG diet. Engage in fun activities and relaxation to lower the tension. Ways to help you relax:
- Laugh. Watch some fun videos or talk to your friends. Laughing increases positive hormones and reduces stress levels. You can also listen to fun podcasts and music.
- Take a break. Escape from the stressful environment and take a nap. It gives yourself a solo time to think and calm things down. Create a new plan to control possible stress attacks in the future.
- Physical activities. Take a walk, stretch, and yoga for 20 minutes. Physical activities can increase blood circulation and activates your body. Exercising releases positive hormones that will make you feel better.
- Eat healthy foods. A lot of people gain weight due to stress eating. If your stress level increases, eat healthy foods. Avoid processed foods as they contain chemicals that worsen stress. Opt for healthy foods to gain nutrients and vitamins.
- Sleep. Follow a healthy sleep routine to control your mood and improve circulation. Sleeping increases your metabolic rate to continue weight loss. It also restores your body and renews your energy.
The light activities that lower stress levels on the HCG diet
Household chores are also known as simple exercises. Cleaning the house or arranging your room includes physical movement. Other light activities you can enjoy are:
Avoid doing workouts when you are tired or hungry to prevent stress. Physical activities are permissible as long as you will not overdo them.
Stress and menstruation during the HCG diet
PMS often includes stress as part of hormonal activities in your body. During the HCG diet, increase your intake of healthy foods to stave of stress. When your period comes, take a break from taking your HCG injections. Continue the VLCD and wait for your period to end before getting back to your shots. Increase your relaxation to prevent stress eating.