Headache is one of the side effects of the HCG diet. It does not always occur to everybody. Headache is often during the first few days of starting the VLCD. Lots of things can cause a headache one of them is hunger. Headache also occurs when you start to cut down your carb intake. Aside from a headache, you may experience hunger, cravings, nausea, and irritability. It’s because your body is detoxing from bad carbs.
Other causes of headaches during weight loss are dehydration and prolonged hunger. Make sure that you are knowledgeable enough in dealing with headaches during the VLCD. It’s because you cannot take medicines that interfere with the work of HCG in your body. The HCG diet can cause metabolic changes in your body during weight loss. It is because your body is forced to transition to a new eating style.
How to control headaches on Phase 2 of the HCG diet?
- Drink plenty of water as water minimizes headaches and other symptoms. Water also flushes toxins that cause headaches.
- Drink sugar-free tea or coffee because these drinks contain brain-boosting properties. It alleviates headaches and improves your fullness.
- Sleep at the right time. Have a complete 7 to 8 hours of sleep per day. Sleeping is important in clearing your mind from stress that can cause headaches. When you lack sleep you can get a headache.
- Eat your meal on time even when you are not hungry. You must eat your food even when HCG suppresses your appetite and make you feel less hungry. Your meals help in supplying fuel and nutrients to your body during the VLCD.
- You can also take Aspirin. It is the only medicine you can take when you have headaches during the HCG diet. Aspirin helps to relieve minor aches including headaches.
- Eat fruits such as apple. Fruits are a natural reliever of aches and hunger.
Is it alarming when you have a headache during the HCG diet?
Occurrences of headaches are normal the same as how it occurs when you reduce sugar and carbs in your diet. In addition to that, your body is also getting stored fats in your bloodstream as a source of energy. These changes in your body may lead you to experience hunger. Luckily, this situation does not last long. Most headaches will be gone for a day or two. Most of the headaches are also controllable and not disturbing.
Can HCG injections cause headaches?
The headache that you feel during Phase 2 of the HCG diet is not a direct effect of the injection. Headaches occur because your body starts its changes or when you stop consuming carbs. The HCG will start working on burning your body fats when you stop consuming carbs. As soon as the HCG spreads in your system, headache and other symptoms will be gone.
How often can you feel headaches in Phase 2 of the HCG diet?
Headaches do not occur very often. There is no exact record of how often you will experience them during the VLCD. If you continue taking your HCG shots you can avoid headaches. It is also controllable through the help of healthy food choices.