Insomnia is one of the common issues of around sixty million Americans who are having problems falling asleep. Sleep deprivation can cause damage to your lifestyle and health. Insomnia affects bodily functions and can trigger exhaustion. When you lack sleep, your body will seek comfort for unhealthy things such as binge eating. It is one of the reasons why you are gaining weight.
The effects of insomnia during the HCG diet
Insomnia can make you feel tired and, it reduces your physical activity. It makes you gain weight because your body stops burning calories. It releases insulin from the foods that you eat. It triggers the reward center of your brain and causes cravings. As a result, you will end up digging your comfort food and drinks to alleviate the stress level.
Six natural cures for insomnia that can help you get the rest you need;
- Melatonin. One of the methods in dealing with insomnia is melatonin. To improve the melatonin, avoid scrolling on cell phones, TV, and computer screen before you sleep. The light from devices can trick your brain and lowers the production of melatonin. It results in disruption of sleep patterns and insomnia.
- Make a cherry juice. Eat a handful of cherry or make some cherry juice two hours before you sleep. Cherries are rich in melatonin as they can be a substitute if you do not want to take the actual melatonin. Avoid adding sugar to prevent weight gain.
- Valerian. It is a natural herb that acts as a sedative so that you can sleep. Valerian roots have proven to make you sleep better. You can have it as an herbal remedy which you can have as tea. It gives your body relaxation for a greater chance of having a better sleep.
- Lavender. It is known for its ability to cure insomnia. The same with valerian roots, lavender can also improve your quality of sleep. Lavender helps lower your blood pressure levels and improve your heart rate. It helps in relaxing your brain so that you can sleep right away.
- Chamomile. It is a mild sedative that you can use if you have insomnia on the first two days of taking your HCG shots. It is a mild sleeping agent that ensures you get a good sleep and allow your body to rest. You can drink a chamomile tea two hours before going to bed.
- Passionflower. You can make tea out of a passionflower. It tastes good as it is also healthy. It’s a natural sedative that improves your quality of sleep during the adjustment period of your body.
Sleep deprivation is a serious issue when you are on the HCG diet. It affects your progress and your health. When you are experiencing insomnia, you should deal with it right away before it gets worst. Take note that you cannot cure insomnia by eating unhealthy foods during the HCG diet. Choose the natural aid as much as possible to avoid weight gain.