Water is vital when you are taking HCG injections for weight loss. It is advisable to know the amount of water you are consuming every day during the fat-burning phase. Ensure that you are not drinking too much water or less than the permissible amount during the VLCD.
Water Requirements in the Body on the HCG Diet
According to studies, the typical amount of water to maintain health and weight loss is 1 to 2 liters a day. The HCG diet requires two liters of water every day. You can also drink coffee and tea as longs as they are sugar-free. The two liters of water are enough to stabilize your health and assist your weight loss. The advisable liquid on the HCG diet is mineral water.
Is There Such Thing As Too Much Water on the HCG Diet?
Regardless if you are dieting or not, you should be careful with your water intake. Too much water can also cause harm to your body because it reduces sodium. Too much water and low sodium can result in hyponatremia. It links to symptoms of fatigue, headache, low energy, dizziness, and fainting.
Ways to Know if you are Drinking Enough Water
- Check your urine. The color of your urine in the morning reflects your level of hydration. You also have to see the amount because the fewer amount and darker color signifies dehydration.
- Weight yourself. Water is vital to get rid of the excess sodium in the body. If you are not drinking enough water, it leads to water retention. It is because the excess sodium will more likely hold water and causes water weights. When you see a rising in the scale, it means that you need to drink lots of water to stave off the excess sodium.
What is the Role of Water in the Second Phase of the HCG Diet?
- Water plays a role in maintaining the function of your organs. Keep a fresh and clean bottle of water during the HCG diet.
- It is responsible for carrying the nutrients in all parts of your body.
- Water acts as a weight loss aid because it detoxifies the body from toxins that interfere with the HCG.
- Water provides hydration, increases digestion, and boosts your metabolic rate.
- It increases your satiety during the second phase of the HCG diet without adding calories.
- Water makes exercise easy and can suppress your appetite during the fat-burning phase of the HCG diet.
- It also staves off food chemicals and toxins that cause weight gain during the VLCD.
- Water reduces most of the excess weight due to salt intake.
- Drink lots of water every day to assist the liver in processing toxins out of your body and avoid hunger.
Notes on Drinking Water:
- Avoid flavored water and fruit juices because they contain sugar and other chemicals that can affect your weight loss.
- Avoid drinking two liters of water all at once because it results in severe health issues.
- If you hydrate through drinking coffee, ensure that you are not adding unhealthy sweeteners to prevent weight gain.