Clean foods can cleanse and fills your body with vitamins and minerals. Eating healthy foods can keep your body fit. Clean foods improve your heart and brain health. It builds a strong immune system to defend your body against illnesses. Healthy foods can also assist in your HCG diet.
HCG diet phase 2 and clean foods
The HCG diet phase 2 is the weight-loss stage of the HCG diet. This is when you start to cut your calorie intake. The low-calorie intake helps you develop an eating discipline as you are maintaining the HCG shots. During Phase 2 you are only allowed to eat clean foods. These food choices are low in calories and do not interfere with the HCG in your body.
The 7 foods that help you in Phase 2 of the HCG diet
- Spinach- This is loaded with vitamins and minerals. One cup of spinach contains just 7 calories. It also has insoluble fiber that boosts the feeling of fullness. Spinach also provides enough fiber to help you lose weight.
- Strawberry- This is one of the main fruits of the HCG diet. Strawberry has a low glycemic index with plenty of fiber per serving. It has 3 grams of fiber per cup and is loaded with antioxidants.
- Apple- One apple contains antioxidants and fiber. It also has water and several nutrients that help you lose weight. The water content of an apple can boost hydration and fullness. Apple can reduce your intake of calories during the VLCD.
- Broccoli- This is one of the vegetables that contain high levels of fiber. Broccoli aids in digestion and flushes out the causes of constipation. It can also help in dealing with water weights.
- Celery- This vegetable provides dietary nutrients and boosts digestion. A large stalk of celery only contains 10 calories. It has electrolytes that can prevent dehydration.
- Lettuce- Lettuce has zero cholesterol and fats. It is one of the famous foods added to a salad. Lettuce has low calories and can help you lose weight.
- Lean beef meat- Lean beef meat is a good source of high-value proteins. This is important during the HCG diet. You must have 200 grams of protein per day during the HCG diet phase 2. There are also other choices for lean protein such as shrimp, chicken breast, and veal.
Daily routine on HCG diet phase 2
- Weigh yourself and take your HCG shot early in the morning.
- Have a cup of unsweetened tea or coffee for your breakfast. Tea or coffee and kick start your metabolism.
- After your breakfast coffee or tea, you can accompany light exercises. Exercise is not required but you are allowed to do light activities. Make sure that you are not tired or hungry while exercising.
- Prepare your meal ahead of time to avoid prolonged hunger. Solid foods are allowed during lunch and dinner.
- Your food for lunch and dinner must have the same portions. Maintain the 500 calorie intake per day to avoid weight gain.
- Your VLCD meal must have a portion of lean protein, vegetables, and fruits. You can also add a Grissini or Melba toast.