Mindful eating is about how you eat your food. Your goal for mindful eating is to pay attention to what you eat and slow down your pace. It will help you achieve healthy eating habits and encourage promising results in the second phase of the HCG diet.
Develop mindfulness when you eat to reach maximum weight loss. You can also make some better food options after your diet program. It improves your consciousness of what you eat and the number of calories per meal. It also helps you develop a healthy physical and mental response to the food you eat.
Mindful Eating on the HCG diet maintains a new set point of your weight loss goal. It also reduces your risk of overeating during a very low-calorie diet. Mindful eating helps you determine satiety and prevents you from eating in response to stress. It is essential in the second phase of the HCG diet to manage your portion sizes as you administer the diet hormone.
How to Practice Mindful Eating on the HCG Diet?
- Eat at the table. Combine mindfulness and eating by paying attention to your food. Avoid any distractions from work or television to prevent juggling your attention. Eat your meals on the table and switch off your phone and other attention shifters. Ensure that you are aware of what you put on your mouth to avoid gaining weight.
- Listen to your body’s signal. Hunger is a sign that you need nutrients to continue functioning. When you experience hunger pain, eat an adequate amount of food and increase your hydration. Listen to the body’s signal to avoid overeating. Avoid eating foods when you are having bored or upset. Shift your attention to other activities when you want to eat due to stress. You can also drink an adequate amount of water to manage your cravings.
- Incorporate meditation and yoga. Mindfulness is about being aware of what is happening around you. Your cravings and emotional eating habit is a habit that you need to stop during the HCG diet. Through meditation and yoga, you can improve your presence of mind and concentration. It also helps you beat your emotional struggles and boost your brain health. Yoga and meditation help you improve the connection between your body and mind.
- Make your food appealing. Avoid preparing bland meals because it can trigger the feeling of deprivation. There are food choices you can have to make a healthy and delicious treat on the HCG diet. Select fruits and vegetables in a variety of colors. Ensure to keep your calories low to boost your weight loss.
- Pay attention to your senses. When you eat, ensure that you are aware of your emotions. Avoid eating foods when you are seeking comfort due to stress because it can result in overeating. Pay attention to the flavor and appearance of food to avoid eating processed products.
- Eat slowly. Pay attention by taking smaller bites and chew your food slowly. Avoid eating fast because you are not in a race. The first stage f digestion starts in the mouth or when you chew the foods. It prevents you from indigestion and bloating.