In the early stages of the HCG diet, hunger is typical due to the adjustment period in your body. Your body begins to detoxify from sugar and other toxins that cause weight gain. Starvation occurs during the first three to seven days of the VLCD. Hold on and avoid giving in to your cravings to prevent pitfalls in the low-calorie phase.
Can you Adjust your HCG Dosage?
Inform your physician about changing your HCG dosage to get the proper amount for you. You can adjust the dosing if the typical amount is not working for you. When your hunger persists for a week or two, inform your doctor to set new limitations on the protocol. For most dieters, the HCG works well in their bodies without causing hunger. Avoid comparing your result to the other because everyone is unique.
Six Steps To Do When You Get Hungry on the HCG Diet
- Administer the HCG injections every day. Take your dosage daily regardless of your busy schedules. The HCG will hold your appetite and prevent the occurrences of hunger throughout the day. Avoid leaving your home without your HCG injection. It helps you get going on your longer work shifts and other activities.
- Determine if it is physical or psychological hunger. When your body sends signals of starvation, you need to eat the proper amount of food. These signals mean that you need nutrients and fuel to continue functioning. Hunger can also come from your emotions or in the brain. It is a product of stress and emotional tension. Avoid eating foods in response to cravings to prevent weight gain.
- Drink lots of water. Hydration helps increase your weight loss efforts and prevents hunger. It suppresses your appetite and makes the VLCD bearable. Drink at least 2 liters of water every day but, avoid chugging it all at once. Maintain proper hydration until the color of your urine is not pale. It releases toxins and chemicals that trigger hunger pains during the VLCD. Green tea can also help in dealing with hunger.
- Eat more vegetables. Avoid combining all kinds of vegetables in one serving. Nonetheless, you have to eat lots of vegetable varieties to gain dietary fibers. Vegetable increases your satiety and curb hunger on the second phase of the HCG diet. Eat at least two servings of vegetables every day. Refer to the food list for your vegetable choices.
- Split your 500 calorie meal. The HCG diet permits as many vegetables as you want. Ensure you will not go beyond the 500 calorie allocation. Avoid eating the 500 calorie meal all at once. Leave something to eat later to maintain your satiety without adding calories. You can eat the fruits during mid-afternoon to stave off hunger.
- Load more protein. The HCG permits 200 grams of protein every day in combination with your HCG shots. Protein increases satiety and preserves your muscle mass during the fat-burning phase. Ensure that the protein choices are lean by removing the visible fats before cooking them. If starvation persists, eat Melba Toast or Breadsticks at 3:30 pm.