The HCG diet works fast in reaching your weight loss goal. It has a compliance protocol on the foods you can and cannot eat during the program. The HCG diet requires you to cut down your calorie intake to shed more pounds. Refer to the HCG diet food list for meal options to avoid eating unhealthy foods.
Grains are high in carbs and, they are not suitable for a very low-calorie diet. Whole grains have downsides to your weight loss process. Avoid whole grains during the HCG diet to prevent weight loss issues. Whole grains are healthier options than refined ones but, they are not the best selection.
Why Are Whole Grains not Permissible on the HCG Diet?
- Whole grains increase chronic inflammation and cause sudden weight gain.
- It spikes up insulin levels in your blood and, they are also low in nutritional value.
- Whole grains give your body a hard time processing and digesting foods.
- Whole grains contain lectins that cause health problems. When lectins enter our digestive system, they can cause inflammation and damage to the lining of your intestine.
- The chemical component of whole grains can weaken your immune system.
- The insulin response of whole grains causes spiking of blood sugar levels.
- A continuous intake of whole grains causes hormonal imbalances and weight gain due to chronic inflammation.
- Whole grains contain Phytates that block the nutrients in your body. It results in nutritional deficiency during the very low-calorie diet.
How to do a Grain-free Diet While Taking the HCG Injections?
Substitute the typical food wraps you are using with lettuce. You also need to avoid baked products that contain grains. You can also use cauliflower instead of brown rice and quinoa. Go for a grain-free diet while taking the HCG injections. A grain-free diet increases weight loss and reduces unhealthy cholesterol levels in your blood.
When Should You Avoid Whole Grains?
After the binge days of the HCG diet, start cutting down your calorie intake and, which includes whole grains. Avoid eating whole grains on the third day of taking your HCG shots until your finish the process. Whole grains increase your appetite and may lead to overeating during the VLCD. Avoid loading whole grains if:
- You are obese
- You have immune system problems
- You have chronic pain
- You have joint problems
Can you eat Whole Grains After the HCG Diet?
Yes, they are permissible after the weight loss program. Nonetheless, consider whole grain in moderation to avoid health issues in the long run. Ensure that you combine whole grains with other healthy food options to keep your weight until your lifetime.
What are the Foods to Avoid During the HCG Diet?
Avoid the following foods during the second phase of the HCG diet:
- Brown rice
- White bread
- White flour
- Crack wheat
Get back to loading these foods after the second phase of the HCG diet, where you can add more foods back. During the VLCD, stick to fiber and protein-rich foods to increase your weight loss.