Weight loss sodas are a version of carbonated drinks. Drinking weight loss sodas can cut calories but does not have long-term benefits. It only means that you will just gain back loads of calories after a set period. Weight loss soda has calories that will not work well with the HCG. When you eat or drink more calories, then having a weight loss soda is not a good idea.
It is important to understand how hydration impacts your body during weight loss. You cannot neglect its role while you are taking your HCG shots. Staying hydrated is one of the important tasks you have for your weight loss. Diet soda has nothing to do with hydration which means that you should not have it during the HCG diet.
Why weight loss sodas are not allowed during the HCG diet?
Weight loss soda does not help you reach your weight loss goal. You cannot drink them during the HCG diet because it is calorie-loaded compared to water. Carbonation is more potent than sugar. Any drinks that gone through the process of carbonation can spike your blood sugar. Weight loss soda also often stimulates hunger pain and cravings. Some studies show that weight loss and diet soda consumption is linked to:
- Heart conditions such as high blood pressure
- Metabolic issues such as weight gain and spiking of blood sugar levels
- Brain conditions and liver problems
- Changes in habits or make your body dependent on it
Instead of drinking soda, you should stick to the protocol to boost weight loss. The HCG suggests that you should drink at least 2 liters of water per day. Aside from water, you can also drink sugar-free coffee and tea. Water has zero calories and it can improve your fullness and curb cravings. Tea and coffee are also proven to suppress your appetite and curb hunger.
Benefits of water to your HCG diet
- Water is an alternative for carb consumption- Carb intake is restricted on the HCG diet that is why you need other means to get fuel for your body. Water will help process the stored carbs for a faster metabolism. It will help the HCG in stimulating your metabolic rate.
- Promotes proper digestion- Drinking water contributes to proper digestion. It can also control your appetite so that you can maintain your VLCD. Water aids the distribution of nutrients in your body as well as improving blood flow.
- Water releases toxins- Drinking an adequate amount of water per day releases toxic substances from your fat stores. It will help you lose body fat and renew your cells. Toxins are brain-blocking radicals that affect weight loss. By drinking enough water, your body will start to release them and you can lose weight fast.
Drinking weight loss soda can aid thirst the same way as water. However, it does not help you lose weight during the HCG diet. If your objective is to reach your weight loss goal then you should go to natural options as possible.