Weight loss and lifestyle changes during the HCG diet do not mean that you have to live with vegetables forever. Avoid depriving yourself of healthy and nutritious food. You have to drop your unhealthy habits to make better choices on the HCG diet. Make a list of the beneficial foods for weight loss and foods that can trigger your unhealthy habits.
On the HCG diet, there are habits you need to stop and things to develop. Nonetheless, it does not mean that you have to train your brain to adapt to bland foods. The HCG will help in suppressing your appetite to make the second phase bearable. It will stop you from excessive snacking and controls your habits of reaching unhealthy foods.
The Worst Eating Habits To Stop on the HCG Diet
- Habits of drinking empty-calorie beverages. When you are on a calorie limited diet, avoid drinking processed beverages. Stick to water, unsweetened tea, and coffee. Soda, fruit juices, alcohol, and energy drinks are sugary drinks that contain empty calories. These products can interfere with your progress on the HCG diet. Processed beverages contain ingredients that ruin the efficacy of the hormone.
- A habit of skipping meals. A common misconception about dieting is to skip a meal to reduce the calorie intake. It is an unhealthy habit that can cause nutritional deficiency and imbalances in your body. Avoid missing a meal on the HCG diet because it can cause overeating at the next mealtime. It can slow down your metabolism and causes fatigue.
- Distracted eating. When you are eating your meals, avoid reading emails, watching TV, or holding your cellphone. It will divide your attention on eating and doing other tasks. When you eat, ensure that you are paying attention to the foods and the portion sizes. It will help you prevent weight gain during the HCG diet.
- You are not cooking at home. Stop eating foods in restaurants because you are not in control of the calories per serving. Cook your meals at home to ensure you are eating enough nutrients for weight loss. Avoid adding sugar, fats, condiments, and other unhealthy ingredients.
On the HCG diet, ensure that you do the following:
- Eat small regular meals. Eat at least five small meals from the 500 calorie allocation per day. Split your meal to have something to eat when you get hungry. It will help you stay full without adding calories to your diet. Eat small meals but ensure they are healthy. Ensure you are eating fiber and protein to sustain your appetite during the VLCD.
- Eat more fresh foods. Vegetables and fruits are better options than canned and preserved meats. You have to back up your weight loss meal with foods that contain vitamins and minerals than loads of calories. Fresh foods help the HCG in suppressing your appetite and boost your metabolism.
- Eat slowly. Your brain can take up to 20 minutes to register satiety. Avoid rushing your meal because you are more likely to eat too many calories than what you need. Eat slowly to avoid indulging and loading excess calories. Eat one type of vegetable at a time and maintain a 500 calorie intake per day.